By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 consistently outselling the 360 globally since 12/1/2007

Auron said:
leo-j said:
Auron said:
I read some of the comments on the site and man those people are morons.
What did you expect? A bunch of neutral gamers?
I'm not even talking about fonboyism, they are just flat out stupid about life in general.
OMG check this out:
Mark7r0n said:
That is called the attach rate and it is about 1.5 games per PS3, 3.0 per Wii, and 5.2 per 360.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/11/23/game-attach-rates-15-per-ps3-3-per-wii-52-per-xbox-360.htm

But that is from Nov. '06, I couldn't find anything more recent. I would imagine it hasn't changed drastically tho.
(emphasis added by me)

If that isn't the definition of ignorance, I don't know what is. (irony?)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

The PS3 did well this week, beating the 360 by 40,000+ units WW.

Yeah, I was dissapointed in the Motorstorm 2 trailer. I really wanted to see some in-game footage!

Soon PS3 will pass the XBox 360 in total console sales. 2009 November MS will bring out a new XBox console.

PS3 almost outsold the Wii last week. That almost ended my game thread. Phew.

While I like to believe that console sales are the only factor in how well a system does this generation, this is not the case. The winner will be determined by console and software sales. The PS3 is doing great and is set to defeat the 360 early next year in WW sales but the software is still lacking. The Wii is not really a threat because developers still see it as a casual only system minus Sega. So the real battle is between the 360 and PS3. This is the only generation where the consoles aren't the same technology wise. Everyone seems to overlook this. Sure the Wii will most likely be the winner, but the games will almost always look like PS2 games and the majority will be shovelware. Developers who want to jump into technology and develop a huge epic game, will not look to the Wii as their main platform. This will hold true especially as technology continues to advance. As it stands now, 360 is still the leader for attach rate and still has a nice chunck of consoles sold to the consumer.

Sony will have to dethrone 360 in both sales and software before we can call them the winner of this generation. I still believe the Wii is competing with PS2, since they are basically the same technology. When the Wii passes 120 million, then it will have beaten Sony. :)

Around the Network

Xiru: PS3 attach ratio is higher than 360 lately. Software is selling fine with several million sellers in the last few months. This year the PS3 will end up selling more software than 360 because of the exclusive games.

I agree that Wii is last-gen graphically, but expect a lot of backlash from Nintendo fanboys comparing it to PS2, heh. I agree with you, though, and that's why I think the rumor awhile back that the PS2 was getting a Wiimote-like controller would have been genius since so many third party developers are porting from PS2 anyway.

By "last-gen" you of course mean "closer to last gen than to this gen even though the graphics are considerably better than last gen", right windbane? And since the PS2 had the worst graphics of last gen backlash would be expected if someone tried to say the two weren't that different. Oh, and Xiru? "I still believe the Wii is competing with PS2, since they are basically the same technology." This means I get to dismiss you as a crackpot.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!