By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Final Oculus Rift Will Need an $800 Gaming PC

SpokenTruth said:

No, it's meant to show that the majority of PC gamers simply do not own the hardware to power a Rift.

Except my point you missed was meant to show that all PC's aren't recorded by Steam's HWS, I'm not even a part of the database because I opted out, I guess I;m the only one out of millions that opted out...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:

I didn't say it would be, It it wont be. OR or even vive will be the better heads sets just because of the rigs you can attach to them. But it's the causuals that win the war, never the hard core. Theres to few of us. And When it comes to causals they just want to plug and play. 

And you're also talking about building a pc, which most people wont do. Good luck finding a machine at best buy that will do the job. Thats why OR needs a steam like machine that says it's OR ready or even comes as a complete kit. And thats why I said Sony would have the upper hand because it will come packaged as a bundle, plug and play. 

"it's casuals that win the war", then really ntohging actually matters then if it;s casuals who always win, if that's how we were to go about everything.

You can have sites build your PC's, people in certain stores that can build you one, PC parts picker for example allows me to build new specs with parts that will work with one another instead of just lumping parts together and hoping they work.

I'm also left wondering if it will take a billion years before mankind evolves hard enough to know how to fit legos together, probably never.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:

"it's casuals that win the war", then really ntohging actually matters then if it;s casuals who always win, if that's how we were to go about everything.

You can have sites build your PC's, people in certain stores that can build you one, PC parts picker for example allows me to build new specs with parts that will work with one another instead of just lumping parts together and hoping they work.

I'm also left wondering if it will take a billion years before mankind evolves hard enough to know how to fit legos together, probably never.

Specs really wont matter. 

And talking with friends it seems to be about disire. If you don't enjoy building stuff then you probably couldn't be asses to build your own computer. Even builidng mine and and sharing my results with friends they still don't care to build their own.  It's all about just poping in a disk and playing. I really wish i could get them to build theirs. 

SpokenTruth said:
Chazore said:
SpokenTruth said:

Did you dodge my point on purpose or did you just miss it?

"Just check Steam or 3DMark configuration stats."

"Look at nVidia and AMD sales data.  Mid range GPUs dominate their sales."

No, no I did not, if your point was meant to act as an end all to be all, that would have been an error on your part.

No, it's meant to show that the majority of PC gamers simply do not own the hardware to power a Rift.

it looks like many people need another gpu for it. its about the 4gb of ram i bet. that makes it hard for the most people, because 4gb ram isnt the norm.

but you can get a gtx 960 for 240€(with 4gb)

SpokenTruth said:
generic-user-1 said:
SpokenTruth said:
Chazore said:
SpokenTruth said:

Did you dodge my point on purpose or did you just miss it?

"Just check Steam or 3DMark configuration stats."

"Look at nVidia and AMD sales data.  Mid range GPUs dominate their sales."

No, no I did not, if your point was meant to act as an end all to be all, that would have been an error on your part.

it looks like many people need another gpu for it. its about the 4gb of ram i bet. that makes it hard for the most people, because 4gb ram isnt the norm.

but you can get a gtx 960 for 240€(with 4gb)

Makes me wonder how well it will run if a GT 970 is recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdwUsalwBJ8

well, maybe they just wanted to go sure with the specs.  its not the minimum specs we talk about.  maybe 2 or 3 gb is enough

Around the Network

Makes sense but I doubt any casual person would have bought one anyway considering that it will cost $200+ and its very gaming centric do I dont really see much of an issue here

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

SpokenTruth said:

So, all the gamers with high end PCs opt out and the mid and low range gamers don't?

If the opt out percentage is equal across all types then the overall sample is still valid.

Did I say all?.

my mind is blown, just completely blown how you think Steam HWS = every PC gamer in existence peroid.

I'm done, if you are the know all to be all then by all means you come in every time and make sure to put a bullet between anyone who says different, I'm just flat on done.

Thats a big reason Oculus won't be huge at mainstream. People rather go with cheaper, plug and play devices. My money is on Project Morpheus, and HTC Vive if it is also plug n play and supports mobiles.

People interested in Rift already has a system like that. Those are not insane specs. Also Rift will launch next year, so the prices will get even lower.

michael_stutzer said:
People interested in Rift already has a system like that. Those are not insane specs. Also Rift will launch next year, so the prices will get even lower.

well if they realy need 3,5gb+0,5 gb, it shouldnt get a lot cheaper, the cards get stronger every gen, but next gen will not see a lot of cheap 4gb cards