By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - cycycychris reviews Super Mario 3D World

generic-user-1 said:

well other languages make clear distictions between obejective reviews and subjective(critiques)...

Digital Foundry do objective analysis of the tech aspects of games.

But when you start talking about the merits of a game from a game design perspective, you fall under the subjective category. The good and bad when it comes to gameplay and game deisgn is relative to each and everyone of us. Just like beauty. =P

Around the Network
Hynad said:
generic-user-1 said:

well other languages make clear distictions between obejective reviews and subjective(critiques)...

But when you start talking about the merits as a game, you fall under the subjective category. The good and bad when it comes to gameplay is relative to each and everyone of us. Just like beauty. =P

funtional or not isnt subjective.  and you could come up with test for some aspects like noobfriendlyness.

generic-user-1 said:
Hynad said:
generic-user-1 said:

But when you start talking about the merits as a game, you fall under the subjective category. The good and bad when it comes to gameplay is relative to each and everyone of us. Just like beauty. =P

funtional or not isnt subjective.  and you could come up with test for some aspects like noobfriendlyness.

Point me to what you consider an objective review.

Hynad said:
generic-user-1 said:
Hynad said:
generic-user-1 said:

Point me to what you consider an objective review.

i havnt seen any objective gaming reviews. 

generic-user-1 said:

i havnt seen any objective gaming reviews. 

Ok. So what are you on about then?

Around the Network

I prefered it to Galaxy... made all the other 3D Mario games feel like spin-offs.

I'd feel bad about saying that if Mario Kart didn't remind us all that Mario spin-offs can be GOAT candidates.