By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit arrives in Australia on May 8th

Wii Fit steps to Australia on May 8 at $149.95

March 11, 2008 - Nintendo Australia has announced today that Wii Fit and the bundled Wii Balance Board will be available around the country on May 8, 2008, at $149.95.

If you've not taken notice, Wii Fit is "a health and lifestyle product" comprising of more than 40 exercises across categories including balance games, yoga, muscle workouts and aerobic exercises, and it's designed for use by everyone, day in, day out.

Thanks to the Wii Balance Board, player progression can be tracked, providing a detailed analysis of physical condition by way of the Body Massi Index, and the centre of gravity. After the their BMI has been determined, players will be assigned their Wii Fit Age and are then ready to delve into the four categories of play.

Thanks to the tech of the Balance Board, whether it's torso twists or bubble balancing, the Balance Board and on-screen instructor ensure that players are performing exercises correctly, and as they go, additional ones will be unlocked. Players can also choose a line-up that caters to their desires.

To make this as social an experience as possible, the Wii Fit Channel is also included, which allows up to eight people to store and compare their Wii Fit data, which is presented in graph form. These details can be kept secret, though, but no doubt families will enjoy making comparisons.

The Australian release date of Wii Fit comes two weeks after the European date of April 25, and two weeks before the American one, where it's set to debut on May 19.

By Captain   

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=22685

Now all we are waiting for is that elusive release date for Brawl. 

Around the Network

A$149.99 huh? That's around £69. What a coincidence, still, that's £30 than the typical Wii game here in the UK!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Seems like everyone will get WiiFit, MKWii, WiiWare and Brawl before June. This is awesome. Summer wont be too bad after all.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Summer is just finishing. LOL

OT I need this game. And MK Wii as well. Brawl as well. Wow I'm not going to have enough money.

Does Australia have a common obesity problem like we do here in the US? Although the game will probably be a great success regardless.

Around the Network

Summer for me is June-August about.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

kylohk said:
A$149.99 huh? That's around £69. What a coincidence, still, that's £30 than the typical Wii game here in the UK!

It's actually not bad, I was expecting $199 considering how badly we Aussies get ripped off down here. Normal Wii games retail between $79-$99 with the majority sticking at $99 after the first week or two. This price is quite reasonable and with JB Hi-fi probably offering it for $120-$130 I might just get this, maybe.....

Australia has an overweight problem more than obesity.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

loadedstatement said:
Summer for me is June-August about.

That was a joke. Not a very good one though.

finalsquall said:

Australia has an overweight problem more than obesity.

We is all fat. Im not fat yay, everyone else is fat. :)

Isnt Aus 2nd to the USA? in fattness?

OT:

Yay for australia. doesnt really effect me but :)