By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo and Amiibo: Creative New Collectibles with Extras, or the Worst Day 1 DLC to Date?

Amiibo. Cool figures with extras, or worst DLC ever?!

Cool collectable! The extras are nice : ) 87 63.97%

Terrible DLC practices! S... 21 15.44%

: I I'm in the middle... 28 20.59%

Total:136

For me. I just love the amiibo for toy figurine purpose and the content unlocking is a bonus. It maybe steep, that is why I don't buy all amiibos and only have a few.

Around the Network

I feel that people complain about the , let´s say, "nature" of the Amiibo just for the sake of complaining.

I think they´re nice collectibles, and it´s great that they´re not mandatory to enjoy games, with the exception of the amiibo mode on Mario Party 10, and even that can be played with only one amiibo

They´re not like Skylanders or Disney Infinity where you are forced to have several toys to enjoy all the content that is locked in their respective games - and I rarely see someone complaining......... In most games Amiibo locks just extra content that doesn´t prevent the player to fully enjoy the game.

The real problem with amiibo is distribution/logistics.... Nintendo underestimated their audience and some figures are hard to find. I hope they fix that soon, re-releasing figures from past waves. They could be a little cheaper too.