By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

The smallest I was able to get was a 750Gb Toshiba. It requires a USB Y-splitter though, as it has no power supply of its own and can't draw enough power from just one USB plug. While it works well now, I'd recommend against it just to save yourself the hassle.

So HDDs without a power supply are perfectly fine?

The ones with external power supply (usually 3.5") should have no problems.

2.5" drives without a power supply usually need a Y-cable and 2 USB ports of the Wii U. That shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't use LAN-Adapter + Smash-Adapter.

I'm using an old SSD that needs only one USB port and an old 3.5" HDD for backups. But I would have bought a 2.5" HDD if I didn't have those because 3.5" starts with 1TB at retail.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
If someone was interested on Stella Glow for 3DS, the game is having decent reviews, is at 79 on metacritic right now.

Here is the Gamexplain review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbpTy5-PZIQ

Nice, didn't expect it to get a rating like that (was expecting 70-74)

If only the price wasn't so high here ($60), I would get it.. so I guess I will wait for a sale, whenever that will be..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

spurgeonryan said:
Platina said:
Goodnightmoon said:
If someone was interested on Stella Glow for 3DS, the game is having decent reviews, is at 79 on metacritic right now.

Here is the Gamexplain review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbpTy5-PZIQ

Nice, didn't expect it to get a rating like that (was expecting 70-74)

If only the price wasn't so high here ($60), I would get it.. so I guess I will wait for a sale, whenever that will be..

I would never pay over 35 dollars for a 3DS game. Although I may have forked out 39,99 for Animal Crossing New Leaf a while back. But 60 dollars is crazy!

It is... =.=

There are 2 other 3DS games I want as well, but are priced at the same ridiculous price. Really annoying..

| |

RolStoppable said:
episteme said:

The ones with external power supply (usually 3.5") should have no problems.

2.5" drives without a power supply usually need a Y-cable and 2 USB ports of the Wii U. That shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't use LAN-Adapter + Smash-Adapter.

I'm using an old SSD that only needs one USB port and an old 3.5" HDD for backups. But I would have bought a 2.5" HDD if I didn't have those.

I don't need to worry about free USB ports on my Wii U.

Can you get more specific? Like, a concrete example. Come on, you owe it to me for deleting me from your Wii U friends list.

You weren't on my friend list, I just followed you and unfollowed because you were offended by Yeahs.

Many use that one: http://www.amazon.de/Toshiba-Canvio-externe-Festplatte-schwarz/dp/B00KWHJT7Q

But you need a Y-cable like this: http://www.amazon.de/LogiLink-CU0072-Kabel-micro-schwarz/dp/B00E594RBA

About: 3.5" at amazon.de: the cheap ones are from Intenso or CnMemory, but they're low quality (enclosure and power supply).

A good one is twice the price compared to the 2.5": http://www.amazon.de/Book-externe-Festplatte-Zoll-schwarz/dp/B00FANP9Q2/

The problem is that good 3.5" external drives start at 2TB nowadays.

RolStoppable said:

@episteme

Here are a few HDDs that caught my eye. Just want to doublecheck that they'll work with a Wii U.

Toshiba Canvio Basics 500GB

WD Elements 500GB

Intenso Memory Station 500GB

The first two say USB 3.0, is that a problem? I've read that the Wii U has only 2.0.

I've linked the 500GB models, but I'll look at price/value afterwards. At a quick glance the price difference between 500GB and 1TB isn't much.

Oh, and I probably need one of these too, right?

The ones from Toshiba and WD are fine. Intenso is trash.

No, USB 3.0 is no problem. USB 3.0 ports offer more power than USB 2.0 and that's why you need the Y-cable.

But the linked Y-cable is the wrong one, you need a 3.0 cable like the one that I linked because the Toshiba and WD drives have a USB 3.0 port.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Okay, I'll get a Toshiba model. So this is the right cable then? The only difference I can see in the product itself is 0,6m vs. 1,00m, but that should be the length of the cable unless I am missing something. The more important difference is that this one is sold by Amazon, not by some third party that might not even ship to Austria.

Yes, it works. It's the same cable with different length. But the 1m cable shows "Verkauf und Versand durch Amazon" at 4.52€.

It's been some time since I've retagged this thread.

cycycychris said:

Lol

Don't only one of his clothing items actually give him abilities.

Well... not really, but it isn't useful to have more than one main and/or three subs imo. 

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Splatoon Event on Saturday, November 21 @ 2pm Pacific | 5pm Eastern | 10pm Britain | 11pm Europe

Username NNID
Ultrashroomz (host) Ultrashroomz
Platina Phantemos
ARamdomGamer* ARamdomGamer
Mike321  
Dand*  
cycycychris  
Skullwaker  
Episteme  

*May not be able to play - let me know as soon as possible if you are able/unable to play

[Rules]

| |

RolStoppable said:
Whoa, I didn't even notice my name in the thread title until now. Thanks, Platina. Now I've got everything I ever wanted in my VGC life.

Actually... no, that's not true. I still need to become a mod.

Mods are overrated.