By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

Gaiden, by the looks of it, is really unique with a lot of weird features that did not make a return in the series, so I'm interested in what this remake has to offer :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

So we all know the user score fiasco for Zelda but it's getting particularly pathetic.

Of the over 1400 negative user scores - most 0 to 3 - only 1/5 of them have a review attached. And those of you familiar with studies on reviews and rating trends with users will know that such a thing is pretty dang preposterous as all trends indicate that it should be at least a comparable ratio to the positives and in all reality a higher ratio, something like 2/3. Do people really have so little to do with their time?

mZuzek said:
Nuvendil said:
So we all know the user score fiasco for Zelda but it's getting particularly pathetic.

Of the over 1400 negative user scores - most 0 to 3 - only 1/5 of them have a review attached. And those of you familiar with studies on reviews and rating trends with users will know that such a thing is pretty dang preposterous as all trends indicate that it should be at least a comparable ratio to the positives and in all reality a higher ratio, something like 2/3. Do people really have so little to do with their time?

You're doing too much math.

There is only one factor that applies to Metacritic user scores - notoriety. If Breath of the Wild is getting shitty user scores, that's good, because it means the game is making headlines and making fanboys salty. That hasn't been true for pretty much any Nintendo game this past gen, because they were only appealing to already existing Nintendo fans.

Well my point was that there's a very clear indication that there are a lot of fake negative scores here and that's just pathetic, as it always is. The notoriety is all good but this is a level of bitterness I haven't seen in a long time that wasn't tied to something like microtransactions or Mass Effect 3's endingtron 9000 incident. I mean, Skyrim expanded the Elder Scrolls audience by over 100% and didn't have THIS much BS to deal with. But then again, this is the age of drama and braindead conspiracies so that probably makes this kind of crap more likely.

mZuzek said:

Skyrim was a multiplatform game and it was 2011.

This is 2017 and we're talking about a Nintendo exclusive.

For a new console.

This, I was on Gametrailer's site back when Galaxy arrived and did the same and the was chaos in the forums as earlier in the year someone did a thread declaring it would never win GOTY and the thread, man did he end up regretting creating that thread.

The outstanding thing here is that BOTW may still have a fight on it's hand as Odyssey is on the way and could cause the same scenario again, then we have XC2 which although I don't think it'll hit 97/98 it could be another show stopper if it makes its 2017 release.

Why the fuck is it taking so long to have a release date for Yooka? I'm dying here DX

Around the Network
guiduc said:
Why the fuck is it taking so long to have a release date for Yooka? I'm dying here DX

Frankly at this point I am so out of patience with regards to Playtonic.  Give us a PHYSICAL VERSION release date or just don't speak cause I don't want anymore sweet nothings about how important the Nintendo consumers are who they are treating like second class citizens.

And before anyone accuses me of being salty cause I won't be able to play the game when other platforms do, I have a PS4 and PC.  This is purely about the principle.

Nuvendil said:
guiduc said:

Frankly at this point I am so out of patience with regards to Playtonic.  Give us a PHYSICAL VERSION release date or just don't speak cause I don't want anymore sweet nothings about how important the Nintendo consumers are who they are treating like second class citizens.

And before anyone accuses me of being salty cause I won't be able to play the game when other platforms do, I have a PS4 and PC.  This is purely about the principle.

I'm with you here. Only digital don't bother me that much, but not KNOWING when it will be released, while the other versions are one month away from releasing, is very cruel. We supported so much this game, we at least deserve to know if it's Q2, Q3 or Q4 2017!

Oh and I don't buy an instant that this game is difficult to port on Switch. Mario Odyssey is just around the corner, it looks even prettier with smoother animations and it will run perfectly I'm sure. No excuse here.

guiduc said:
Nuvendil said:

I'm with you here. Only digital don't bother me that much, but not KNOWING when it will be released, while the other versions are one month away from releasing, is very cruel. We supported so much this game, we at least deserve to know if it's Q2, Q3 or Q4 2017!

Oh and I don't buy an instant that this game is difficult to port on Switch. Mario Odyssey is just around the corner, it looks even prettier with smoother animations and it will run perfectly I'm sure. No excuse here.

The digital only thing bothers me cause every other system IS getting one at release.  To not give one to the Switch is just plain dickish, especially since the Switch benefits the most from physical versions!

Oh and here's something to ponder:  Playtonic claimed they were personally handling the Wii U version as the primary console version and Team 17 was handling the ports to PS4 and Xbone.  But if the Wii U version WAS canceled for technical reasons, there's not a chance that it was in development right up until they announced the cancellation, they would have known it to be impossible many months before so Playtonic wasn't working on it.  And now the Switch version is also Team 17.  So either they are lying about the reason for cancelation and it was a last second business decision or have been blowing smoke up our asses for well over a year.

I agree with you guys. I feel cheated as a Ninty consumer, and I also have a PS4 and PC to play it. I think it's a pretty questionable decision, because I'm sure that a lot of the backers are Nintendo fans...

Volterra_90 said:
I agree with you guys. I feel cheated as a Ninty consumer, and I also have a PS4 and PC to play it. I think it's a pretty questionable decision, because I'm sure that a lot of the backers are Nintendo fans...

I'm sure too. And judging by their Twitter, more people are asking about the Switch version than rejoicing the launch of the game on other systems. They really need to be more transparent and give us a fucking launch date.