By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24
RolStoppable said:
SJReiter said:

What gets me isn't so much the 'not a successor' statements, it's more the 'new way to play' statements. I don't know, I feel like they wouldn't say that the NX is a 'new way to play' if it's just another console with a touchscreen controller as most people seem to expect. Even if it is the long-speculated hybrid, I wouldn't really say that would be a 'new way to play.' To me, a new way to play would be...something else. Like Wii was a new way to play, and Wii U also. If NX is basically just a more advanced console with a touchscreen controller, to me that's not a new way to play.

Why would anyone expect another touchscreen controller after how hard the Wii U failed? Such a thing is not going to be a lot cheaper than the last time around, and additionally, it's not like Nintendo has come up with lots of meaningful implementations for such a controller in four years of Wii U.

Likewise, the hybrid idea has been floating around for a long time, but it's a misinterpretation of Nintendo uniting the hardware development departments for their home consoles and handhelds. Actual statements from Nintendo made it pretty clear that it wasn't about creating a single piece of hardware, but rather games that can run on more than one piece of hardware with relative ease.

Of all the NX speculation that has been going on, a touchscreen controller and a hybrid are the most illogical things.

Yeah you might be right. I've always assumed that the NX would have a touchscreen controller though. I also felt as though the annoucement that the new Zelda game would be coming to NX was a strong indication that it would have a touchscreen contoller. I understand that there would be ways around it, but it seems like the game was made with a second screen in mind.

Around the Network

My nintendo has new rewards:

20% on WW HD
20/40% on Nintendo football pocket club

I figured we would get new ones like every couple months or so. But they are pushing this more and faster then i thought. My Nintendo is much better then club Nintendo already .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Cloudman said:
Culipechi said:

Birthright.

BR is pretty good. Somewhat cliche and some quirky moments, but I still enjoyed it. Are ya going to play the other 2?

I dont think i will. Too much Fire Emblem and i may get burned.

RolStoppable said:
SJReiter said:

Yeah you might be right. I've always assumed that the NX would have a touchscreen controller though. I also felt as though the annoucement that the new Zelda game would be coming to NX was a strong indication that it would have a touchscreen contoller. I understand that there would be ways around it, but it seems like the game was made with a second screen in mind.

I can't say that I've followed every piece of news for Zelda U, but does the game really have more than inventories and maps on the Gamepad?

Well from what they've shown, no. Other than being able to view beacons that were set. I guess I've mainly been assuming that there would be some more implementation of the second screen since it was made for the Wii U.

Platina said:

New CoroCoro gear for Splatoon!

CoroCoro Splat Roller with Splashwall / Inkzooka
(Splashwall would mean seeing really defensive rollers but overall, not really a good sub for the roller.. Inkzooka is always good though)

CoroCoro Cap with Damage Up Main

CoroCoro Parka with Cold Blooded Main
(nice! though I don't use Cold Blooded very often anymore due to nerfs including Point Sensor Nerf)

Platina doesn't read his own thread confirmed! Couldn't even be bothered to skim the 13 prior post!

Around the Network

Pokemon Go Field Testing will come to the US so sign up if you are interested

“The Pokémon Company and Niantic invite users to field test Pokémon GO in the United States of America. Users can visit http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com to sign up. Please note that sign up doesn’t guarantee access to the field test. The Pokémon GO field test will give users the opportunity to share early feedback and help improve the Pokémon GO experience. Thank you for your interest in Pokémon GO.”

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/05/16/pokemon-go-field-testing-will-be-coming-to-the-us-this-month/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

New Splatoon amiibo up for pre-order on Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-splatoon-2-pack-callie-marie/5276200.p?id=bb5276200&skuId=5276200

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-splatoon-series-inkling-girl-squid-boy/5277701.p?id=bb5277701&skuId=5277701

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Culipechi said:
Cloudman said:

BR is pretty good. Somewhat cliche and some quirky moments, but I still enjoyed it. Are ya going to play the other 2?

I dont think i will. Too much Fire Emblem and i may get burned.

Haha, that is true. I tried playing some of Conquest before I had to stop halfway. I suffered Fire Emblem burn like you said.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ultrashroomz said:
Anyone here ever played Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors for the DS?

I'm thinking about getting it, and I'd like someone's thoughts on the game.

It's extraordinary. Maybe the best story/storytelling in any game I've ever played. And the puzzles are very clever. It can get a bit repetitive trying to get all the endings, but it's worth the trip.

I want to get a WiiU for a friend for her birthday. Anyone know of any good deals or bundles? Seems like the lowest is $300 :(