By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination! Your quest is over. We present you a new thread.

Rate Platina's Reign

10 15 62.50%

9 3 12.50%

8 0 0%

7 0 0%

6 1 4.17%

5 3 12.50%

4 1 4.17%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 4.17%

Total:24

New CoroCoro gear for Splatoon!

CoroCoro Splat Roller with Splashwall / Inkzooka
(Splashwall would mean seeing really defensive rollers but overall, not really a good sub for the roller.. Inkzooka is always good though)

CoroCoro Cap with Damage Up Main

CoroCoro Parka with Cold Blooded Main
(nice! though I don't use Cold Blooded very often anymore due to nerfs including Point Sensor Nerf)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Platina said:
Nice, with all the mirror matches, it looked liked Fancy was the more popular choice and it would end up with a loss like what happens with NA all the time

I couldn't get invested much in the Splatfest since of the crazy long wait times between battles.. (especially when I lose after a match, I can't exit out of the screen for like 3 whole minutes).. Also had a lot of connection problems with not connecting at all etc. However, the battles themselves were relatively okay though. Almost all the players I've seen (like 98%) where all Japanese though :p

That happened to me too!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

You guys see those new Kimishima quotes about NX?

-It seems more to me that the NX will have an effect on the Wii U due to the fact that both will be consoles.

"I suppose it can be seen that way. However, the NX is neither the successor to the Wii U nor to the 3DS. It’s a new way of playing games, which I think will have a larger impact than the Wii U, but I don’t feel it’s a pure replacement for the Wii U."

Mannnnn, this is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder about the NX....I mean, I know it must be somewhat of a traditional console if you're able to play the new Zelda on it, but all Kimishima ever says about the NX is it's "a new way to play" or "a new concept." Really makes you wonder...

RolStoppable said:
SJReiter said:

-It seems more to me that the NX will have an effect on the Wii U due to the fact that both will be consoles.

"I suppose it can be seen that way. However, the NX is neither the successor to the Wii U nor to the 3DS. It’s a new way of playing games, which I think will have a larger impact than the Wii U, but I don’t feel it’s a pure replacement for the Wii U."

Mannnnn, this is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder about the NX....I mean, I know it must be somewhat of a traditional console if you're able to play the new Zelda on it, but all Kimishima ever says about the NX is it's "a new way to play" or "a new concept." Really makes you wonder...

This is the same thing that Nintendo has said about a year ago.

It's also similar to the PR rhetoric they put out about the DS not being a successor to the Advanced.  Even though development of DS games completely replaced Advanced games, resources for the production of the DS completely eliminated production of the Advanced in short order, and their post-release marketing machine pushed heavily for migration to the DS.  In short, the "not a successor" talk was bollocks then, it's bollocks now.

Nuvendil said:
RolStoppable said:

This is the same thing that Nintendo has said about a year ago.

It's also similar to the PR rhetoric they put out about the DS not being a successor to the Advanced.  Even though development of DS games completely replaced Advanced games, resources for the production of the DS completely eliminated production of the Advanced in short order, and their post-release marketing machine pushed heavily for migration to the DS.  In short, the "not a successor" talk was bollocks then, it's bollocks now.

I do agree, but everytime I read about Kimishima or Iwata or others talk about how the NX will replace the Wii U and 3DS, I don't see it as if they're trying to defend the 8th gen systems "support".

I see it as them treating the NX like an amazing new concept, completely different of the past systems. It's not just the "new Wii" or "new DS", it's something unexpected and creative.

I don't see them saying "The NX is not the Wii U/3DS replacement. We will still support them after the NX's release."

Still probably bollocks, though

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Culipechi said:
Cloudman said:

Which one did you beat? I beat all 3 and would like to write my thought on it indepth when I get the time. I really enjoyed them as well.

Birthright.

BR is pretty good. Somewhat cliche and some quirky moments, but I still enjoyed it. Are ya going to play the other 2?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Slarvax said:
Nuvendil said:

I do agree, but everytime I read about Kimishima or Iwata or others talk about how the NX will replace the Wii U and 3DS, I don't see it as if they're trying to defend the 8th gen systems "support".

I see it as them treating the NX like an amazing new concept, completely different of the past systems. It's not just the "new Wii" or "new DS", it's something unexpected and creative.

I don't see them saying "The NX is not the Wii U/3DS replacement. We will still support them after the NX's release."

Still probably bollocks, though

Yeah, I guess this is probably what's going on. Still, every time I read that it just makes me think that the NX is not what most people are expecting. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypk6aGq75bk&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYJ5fi0mNYQ&feature=youtu.be

Maybe the quality isn't the greatest, but for some reason, I feel that the songs are missing the depth to it.. could just be me :/

| |

SJReiter said:

I feel it's just a way to make the console sound brand new.. nothing really special, if you know what I mean

The Wii U didn't do well so Nintendo wants to make the NX seem different and exciting (could may very well be).. Whether this console is a fusion or just a traditional console and/or handheld is really up in the air. I wouldn't read too much into the whole not being the successor thing to be honest..

| |

Platina said:
SJReiter said:

I feel it's just a way to make the console sound brand new.. nothing really special, if you know what I mean

The Wii U didn't do well so Nintendo wants to make the NX seem different and exciting (could may very well be).. Whether this console is a fusion or just a traditional console and/or handheld is really up in the air. I wouldn't read too much into the whole not being the successor thing to be honest..

What gets me isn't so much the 'not a successor' statements, it's more the 'new way to play' statements. I don't know, I feel like they wouldn't say that the NX is a 'new way to play' if it's just another console with a touchscreen controller as most people seem to expect. Even if it is the long-speculated hybrid, I wouldn't really say that would be a 'new way to play.' To me, a new way to play would be...something else. Like Wii was a new way to play, and Wii U also. If NX is basically just a more advanced console with a touchscreen controller, to me that's not a new way to play.