By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - AMD Info! HBM-equipped Radeon this quarter! Zen CPU architecture in 2016

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-fury-exclusive-pics/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Weird source for this but

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/39ghw4/this_just_came_in_at_work_today/

Our system is saying the price is 449 usd. In Stock date is 6/21, but that doesn't necessarily mean that is when it will be released.

Edit: This is Best Buy pricing and I cannot benchmark it, sorry guys.

Edit 2: Also received a r9 390, r7 370, and r7 360. Will post pictures and stuff later.

I was too optimistic about its price, $50 too optimistic.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The other side of the box (click to enlarge)

Poor Nintendo, AMD mentions PS4, X1 and... the Wii.

It's obvious that the launch is coming when we get so many leaks. I'll post one leak and one leak/speculation.

Fiji

It looks like someone in China has gotten a Fiji sample from Colorfire, the brand from the chinese Colorful that deals with AMD cards (don't laugh because they could end this year being the second biggest graphics card vendor of the world).

That's a big box, isn't it?

R3xx series specs

Because not every piece of news/speculation has to be in English or chinese, this is in portugese. A brazilian site claims to have the full launch lineup from MSI.

http://www.tecmundo.com.br/amd/81391-exclusivo-tecmundo-descobriu-tudo-novas-placas-amd.htm

It's too long to post it all, so I'll only copy the basic info. Check the link to see pics of the cards

^There's a 4GB version of this card with slightly higher clocks.

^There are two other models of this card, one with higher clocks and another one with higher clocks and 4GB

Now, looking at the specs there is one thing that stands out from the 390 and 390X: power consumption. The cards have an extra 4GB of VRAM that runs at 6GHz (instead of the 5GHz of the 290x) and the GPU chip itself is also clocked higher than the Hawaii chip of the 290/X and yet, despite all that, the cards use less power.

We will see.

Information blowout, this is all very exciting.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:

4 days for the PC Gaming Show and the official reveal of the cards .

JEMC said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Do you think any of these cards will be a worthwhile upgrade over the GTX 970 yet fall within the same price range?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Ok, I knew that there was something odd about those MSI slides (how can the 390 and 390X differ only on the core speed? Even the 290 has less SPs than a 290X), and now there's this:

So the 290X uses the same 208W than a 390X? Something is wrong.

SubiyaCryolite said:
JEMC said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Do you think any of these cards will be a worthwhile upgrade over the GTX 970 yet fall within the same price range?

I honestly don't know. The 290X trades blows with the 970 in most game benchmarks, and the 390X should be faster.

The XFX at Best Buy is $449, but with different manufacturers, different shops, etc. who knows what the average 390X might cost. I was hoping for a sub $400 card.

First, very amateurish, unboxing of a XFX R9 390X card

The comments are funny. It's obvious he has no idea. There is no heatsink on the back, that a backplate that is mostly used to make the card more rigid and avoid the bending, and there is no Xfire ports because since the 290, Xfire is done through the PCI-E.