By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare Will Reveal New Project at E3 - Not Kinect Game

AZWification said:

Not a 3D platformer, huh? I would be perfectly fine with a new Jet Force Gemini!

I'm predicting a MMO Action RPG with Cross-play functionality but id love to see another Jet Force Gemini game :D

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Not a 3D platformer, huh? I would be perfectly fine with a new Jet Force Gemini!

I'm predicting a MMO Action RPG with Cross-play functionality but id love to see another Jet Force Gemini game :D

Do people forget that most Rare games under MS were not Kinect? I mean they made more Viva Pinatas than Kinect Sport, which were two games.

Goatseye said:
Do people forget that most Rare games under MS were not Kinect? I mean they made more Viva Pinatas than Kinect Sport, which were two games.

no but that is because Kinect was not released from the day Kinect saw the light they only released Kinect games.

GamechaserBE said:
Goatseye said:

no but that is because Kinect was not released from the day Kinect saw the light they only released Kinect games.

And they still released just two Kinect games.

Around the Network

^sports/Sports season 2 and sports rivals. 3 released games for kinect and were all games released by them in that period. Now Kinect is finally finished we get non kinect Rare games.

GamechaserBE said:
^sports/Sports season 2 and sports rivals. 3 released games for kinect and were all games released by them in that period. Now Kinect is finally finished we get non kinect Rare games.

KS2 wasnt Rare.  That was Big Park or some other studio (cant remember which).  Rare just oversaw developement.

Ok then they made 2 =p

NobleTeam360 said:
Slade6alpha said:

Why is that funny though...? 

Because it'll be a game that nobody but a fe w care about

MS was criticized last gen for appealing to the casuals/masses. When they decide to bring back niche, core gamer IP's, they .......sigh.

MS can't win sometimes ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

endimion said:
So it sells even less and becomes an even more marginalized IP....??? You must really hate BK... Especially since rare did some excellent game for the most part since they are under MS... And will never p doing so for years to come...

How would BK become an even more marginalized IP under Nintendo?

MS has made one BK since they bought Rare and most people hate it and it's not even a platformer. It didn't even sell anywhere near a million.