By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Not the best use of our tax dollars.

DA Under Investigation For Buying Gaming PC with Public Money

A Texas District Attorney under investigation for a slew of misconduct is being accused of using public money to buy a "gimmicky" computer designed to play computer games in his office.

Rockwall County District Attorney Ray Sumrow is being tried in Dallas on charges of forgery, theft and records tampering. As part of the case, prosecutors allege that he used office funds to buy the computer for personal use.

Prosecutors say the computer, which was loaded with eBay sales, personal emails and a cheat sheet for a computer game, is equipped with two hard drives, seven fans, high-end video and audio cards, a wireless Internet connection and cables that glow under ultraviolet light.

Sumrow used the district attorney's "fee fund", which contains fees collected from hot-check writers, to pay for the PC.

The only question I have is: World of Warcraft?

Rockwall County District Attorney Ray Sumrow used server for personal items, expert says

Unfortunately, the source link only let's you look once before you have to register. However, the prosecutor states that when he saw the PC, it was obvious it was not for office use. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I suppose it's better than hookers.

I agree, the "cables that glow under ultraviolet light" are clearly a waste of taxpayers' money. Also, what kind of gamer would use wireless on a gaming PC?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The judge is a noob