By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Call of Duty Black Ops III Run at 1080p on Xbox One/PS4

Hiku said:
Since this game is next gen only, it should be a bit tougher for XBO to reach 1080p compared to a less technical game like the multiplat CoD of the past.

Depends really. being next-gen only does not change that much.

Example:

Unity 900p

Black Flag 900p

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
EpicLight said:
What about Wii U?

If there is a Wii U version, it will probably be 720p like black ops 2 but first the game need to be announced for it.

You mean for Ghosts, too?

I hope so. I figure these games should be able to reach 1080/60fps by now. Isn't that the strengths of the PS4/XB1? Come on, get it together... : /

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

EpicLight said:
Angelv577 said:

If there is a Wii U version, it will probably be 720p like black ops 2 but first the game need to be announced for it.

You mean for Ghosts, too?

both are 720p if I'm not mistaken.

rolltide101x said:
Hiku said:
Since this game is next gen only, it should be a bit tougher for XBO to reach 1080p compared to a less technical game like the multiplat CoD of the past.

Depends really. being next-gen only does not change that much.

Example:

Unity 900p

Black Flag 900p

black flag isn't next gen only, it's on ps3 and 360.

Around the Network

Glad they're focusing on the frame rate. The PS4 version will definitely run at 1080p, however the XBO version might have a dynamic resolution like AW, where it hits 1080p at only certain parts.

Resolution matters ? How can resolution really matter if your concern is fps? If your goal is to reduce twitch times, how do you have time to stop and count the pixels?

Clearly, no one would complain about better resolution, but the difference while playing extremely fast paced games is almost indiscernible unless you are spectating.

It is near the end of the end....

I expect it like the last two. 1080p on PS4 and 900p on XOne.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Hope not

And.... Wrong topic. Damn slow... something. Clicked the stupid spiderman reboot thing and posted on this. Meh, what can you do. 

I'm sure it will run at that on PS4 and X1

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

PS4 is already running at 1080p so the question is will XBO run at 1080? And it won't.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"