By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox 360 Was Probably the Best Engineered Video Game Console Ever

What is the best Engineered Video Game Console Ever?

Xbox 360 127 13.86%

PS4 405 44.21%

SNES 123 13.43%

Dreamcast 62 6.77%

Atari 2600 12 1.31%

None of the above 187 20.41%

Total:916

It is not the best Engineered Video Game Console when it broke over and over again.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
dr3b said:
Have to go with the SNES, twenty years later and mine is still running fine. The same can't or won't likely be said for modern consoles, although I hope my PS3 slim will still work when its that old.

take good care of it if it get yellow, i had to replace the body because the plastic was so weak that it lost platic piece after plastic piece while just sitting below the TV. (well it was a 2nd hand console an realy realy yellow when i buyed it. my childhood snes is still fine, but i had to use some chemicals to stop the aging process)

PS4 wins for me. Also SNES because at that time there was nothing else that could have been done better for that Price.

generic-user-1 said:
dr3b said:
Have to go with the SNES, twenty years later and mine is still running fine. The same can't or won't likely be said for modern consoles, although I hope my PS3 slim will still work when its that old.

take good care of it if it get yellow, i had to replace the body because the plastic was so weak that it lost platic piece after plastic piece while just sitting below the TV. (well it was a 2nd hand console an realy realy yellow when i buyed it. my childhood snes is still fine, but i had to use some chemicals to stop the aging process)

Still grey, keep it boxed most of the time to prevent dust. Usually only break it out when I want play Super Mario World. Sorry to hear about yours though, never heard of using chemicals to stop aging, thats interesting.

dr3b said:
generic-user-1 said:
dr3b said:

Still grey, keep it boxed most of the time to prevent dust. Usually only break it out when I want play Super Mario World. Sorry to hear about yours though, never heard of using chemicals to stop aging, thats interesting.

well fortunately a friend of mine made me a new body out of plastic that doesnt age so poorly. (and it glows in the dark).

and those chemicals are called UV protectant, and are used to protect some car parts. its not that expensive(as long as you dont buy the bmw or porsche branded) and it works well. 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Ruler said:

Its really not a difference both run on the same resolution and framerate, compare that to watch dogs on the wiiu and ps4 for example where the wiiu version runs on lower framerate, resolution while also having downgraded graphics.

I never said the difference between GC and PS2 was as big as between Wii U and PS4. It's obviously not.

The Wii U version of WD is a PS3/xbox360 port though, so not the best example.

Just when I though you didn't care about graphics and all. Wasn't it all about fun? In which case both games playing the same you should consider both in the same regard...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Samus Aran said:

I never said the difference between GC and PS2 was as big as between Wii U and PS4. It's obviously not.

The Wii U version of WD is a PS3/xbox360 port though, so not the best example.

Just when I though you didn't care about graphics and all. Wasn't it all about fun? In which case both games playing the same you should consider both in the same regard...

This is a topic about the best engineered console, not the most fun one. Cheaper console with better graphics? GC obviously wins over PS2.

Captain_Tom said:
Is this a joke? It didn't even work, and when it did it sounded like a vacuum cleaner!

Not to mention a lack of wifi, bluray, bluetooth, and HDD as standard.

Yeah the slim fixed everything - many years too late.

I will be fair and say, I had to buy a $ 100 stand alone wifi device for my 360 phat while the PS3 did have a built in wifi in  their early versions of the console. Having to buy an expensive Wifi plug in was annoying as hell. The cheap free headset on the 360 was better than having to pay more for a good bluetooth mic. Still having a much better mic option on the PS3 was better overall.

Samus Aran said:
DonFerrari said:

This is a topic about the best engineered console, not the most fun one. Cheaper console with better graphics? GC obviously wins over PS2.

Well, if you don't care about graphics that is inconsequential for any comparison independent of the reason. Cheaper to buy doesn't mean cheaper to make nor that it was better engineered.

Is any of the people here even engineer to use the term so loosely?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Samus Aran said:

Well, if you don't care about graphics that is inconsequential for any comparison independent of the reason. Cheaper to buy doesn't mean cheaper to make nor that it was better engineered.

Is any of the people here even engineer to use the term so loosely?

When did I say I don't care about graphics? Don't put words in my mouth.