By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil HD Remake Sells 1 Million, Breaks PSN Record, 65 Million Franchise

Welcome to The Realm of Video Games 

Resident Evil HD Sells 1 Million across PS4, Xbox One, PS3, X360, and PC.  It also breaks a PSN Record.  This is no small feature considering this is a HD remake that was originally made in 1996.  It was however remade later in 2002.  Capcom went on to clarify that the record for "Biggest Selling Day One Digital Title"  was in North America and Europe.

Resident Evil Offially sits at 65 Million Sold to Date as a franchise.

For more Information click the source below

[Source]

Around the Network

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023

Really happy that this game went multiplatform, it was a wasted on Nintendo systems.

Now do the same with Zero Capcom!

OttoniBastos said:
wait i'm cofused did RE cross 1 million on PSN alone or it was overall(all consoles)?

Congrats the game anyway...

I guess it broke the day one record only... if I'm not wrong the previous Day One record was for FFVII with ~170k units (I don't know which region or WW).

There are games that sold lifetime more than 1 million on PSN.

I hope this give a hint to Capcom that people are craving for an old school resident evil but first give me Resident evil 0 remaster. I haven't played that one yet.

Around the Network

Well, with these rather good sales, I hope it means we can get to RE's old terrifying roots : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Nice for a remaster. Hope they realize what we want in RE.

About the sales: PC usually has a share around 10-15% of newly released console games.
Steam Owners: 121,653
http://steamspy.com/app/304240

My estimate: ~65% PSN, ~25% Xbox, ~10% Steam

Don't forget around ~70k retail sales in Japan for PS platforms.

Now give me Resident Evil Outbreak. It's got the old school feel of a classic game but with coop. I love coop.

Impressive! Fingers crossed for some more spookiness in RE's future!

V-r0cK said:
Now give me Resident Evil Outbreak. It's got the old school feel of a classic game but with coop. I love coop.

I've been wanting a reboot of the Outbreak series for a long time! I always felt it was a game ahead of its time, and an Outbreak game now would work great with today's online. The series was really great in my opinion :D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread