By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Home Beta Update: Don't Expect It Anytime Soon

Spotted this while browsing around...

[Source]

PlayStation Home Beta Update: Don't expect it anytime soon...

PlayStation Home Beta v0.8.3 has been out for quite sometime now, and the update has brought some cool changes for the beta testers. We have a couple of things to point out from our sources that remain unknown. According to beta testers there was a meeting this past Feb. 27th where all the beta testers were invited to join in and participate in the meeting. This is the end result:

Conga line of about over 20 people doing rave. All with bubbles machines on. Yes! It was a fun night indeed! BUT. Oh yes, there is always a but. The problems of this new beta build arouse, and the testers disappointments with it. With over 40 beta members on one place, namely the Home Square, the lag was inevitable. Every 5 minutes you would freeze for about 2 seconds. When you were with a group of about 10 people or more you would lag a bit more. Short after freeze and you would need to reboot your PS3. Relocating to your Home Space was impossible; the beta would freeze making you restart your machine again. People dropping and turning on the new addition to the Beta, bubbles machines, would make it laggier than it already was; once again freezing your system. This beta tester froze over 10 times right after logging in, and even lost its PS Home Saved Data due to corruption on the file?! (Poor guy had to make his Home Space look nice, and remake his Avatar once again.)

The bugs didn't stopped there. Funny thing over @ the PlayStation forums they were calling this beta alpha state build because beta's are at least suppose to work.

This is one of the other problems that happened that day, and some other days. The screen would just split on two sometimes three and give you this error then you would need to reboot your PS3.

All beta testers came to a sad realization that Home - that sweet, amazing place, that rocks even in its beta state - needs a lot, a lot of improvements and some more testing. The servers were obviously not able to support so many people. There were couple of beta testers that could not log back in after they were kicked out due to freezing. When in groups you couldn't see people good (texturing problems.) They looked like PSone characters. There was also this weird graphical problem that put your screen in yellow, and blue. The bugs went on. The testers are all doing its job umm testing! We are doing ours reporting that Home will not be out soon. Well at least that is our beliefs. This built has many problems, and the servers were really messy as they all have said.

The objective of the night was this thought: They asked the testers to solve a 'Poster Puzzle.' This puzzle consisted on various posters all over Home. They would have numbers, and you would need to know the name of the game, and be able to get it right. It ended up being an anagram puzzle. With the result being that ghostbusters the demo is coming soon?! Pointless, but lead programmers or "Modders" of Home say: "Please dont think the puzzle was the reason for being there tonight. The puzzle was designed to make you talk to each other and jump between spaces to help with the primary task of load testing." Nicely done I'd say there were people doing that over and over.

There are more bugs, but those are the main ones. We will keep you updated.

Around the Network

Bad: Still problems

Good: They aren't releasing till it is fixed

Woah!
Those are some intense issues.
And here I was hoping for a March release... Guess thats not happening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

ohh i need to log on, have not been in home for quite some time.

And that news is pretty good, shame it is wasted on such a poor site...

Around the Network

Interesting. Seems like they should just throw a couple of million towards the project. So they could just multiply the current size of the servers for home. They will need to be huge.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ps- its a beta no shiet there will be bugs, thats what they do a beta for to find the bugs.

Mars said:
ps- its a beta no shiet there will be bugs, thats what they do a beta for to find the bugs.

Um, not exactly. You do do (edit-- poo) bug fixes in beta but not major ones like that. This is essentially an MMO and they have problems with 10 people at once.

I'm not fussed when it comes. I just want it to come. Those pics look good, even if it's about bugs etc

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

^the lag with 10 people but I read they got up to 40 people. This is obviously a stress test they were doing.