By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

Ryng_Tolu said:
biglittlesps said:

Its because launch of new System N3DS.

Yes, it is, and is the reason for why will be up even in the other month of the year.

We don't know how long it will hold up. March was a good sign though :)

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
KyleeStrutt said:
We do know that the PS4 did more than 270k.

Yep. I also think Sony would have said something about being flat or up YOY, since it was such a good month, so it's most likely below 370k, too.

Humm, Sony have not said if PS4 was up last NPD if i remember, and at the end, it was up by 20%... so, is not confirmed <370,000 as for now, but i will not surprised if will happen.

February is a crazy month.

thismeintiel said:

Yep. I also think Sony would have said something about being flat or up YOY, since it was such a good month, so it's most likely below 370k, too.

The over 50% ahead PS360 plus the only 9% drop in units yoy hits to PS4 UP yoy.

teigaga said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Yes, it is, and is the reason for why will be up even in the other month of the year.

We don't know how long it will hold up. March was a good sign though :)

3DS gave sold 2,550,000 last year. if 3DS will sell 100,000 all NPD April to October (too low), 450,000 in November (too low) and 700,000 in December (too low) ----------------> still will be up.

Imo, 3DS is gonna to close the 2012 numbers this year in the US (3,600,000).

ethomaz said:

thismeintiel said:

Yep. I also think Sony would have said something about being flat or up YOY, since it was such a good month, so it's most likely below 370k, too.

The over 50% ahead PS360 plus the only 9% drop in units yoy hits to PS4 UP yoy.

We have some idea about XBO numbers?

Around the Network

Ryng_Tolu said:

From what MS said possible less than 311k.

ethomaz said:

Ryng_Tolu said:

From what MS said possible less than 311k.

The Xbox One sold any number that would keep it above the 360 which basically means any positive number. (if negative number of sales was possible,  it could have done a negative amount and still be above the 360)

super6646 said:
Aura7541 said:

It's a mainstream game that has been popular for over 2 decades. Mortal Kombat X will indeed move systems and since it will sell more on the PS4, it will move more PS4's than XBO's.

But this isn't the 90s with the Genesis! It's not going to sell 100k extra systems in NA in 1 month. Alot of people where waiting for Bloodborne, and that came pout. Why would I buy a PS4 JUST because of Mortal Kombat. I know its still popular, but you gotta keep it real! So tell me, how will it move systems? Do you know anyone waiting for THIS game just to get a PS4?

I'm eager for your excuse for X1 defeat in April, have you though it already or will think on your feet?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Good news for 3DS. It's decline has somewhat halted in the us. Excellent

CosmicSex said:

The Xbox One sold any number that would keep it above the 360 which basically means any positive number. (if negative number of sales was possible,  it could have done a negative amount and still be above the 360)

The 360 comparision is lifetime... Xbone is 1.6m ahead 360 lifetime before March.