By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

How much longer can MS continue with the "Xbone is outpacing 360 in its current life cycle" BS?

Around the Network
celador said:
DOwn 21% in units or revenue?

Revenue.  As stated in the NPD report.  People forget that the Xbox One was $150 more last year. Thats 30% less. So even if the Xbox One sold the same amount last year, revenue would have taken a huge hit. That combined with it selling less than last year means that the drop in revenue is modest. 

ezmanga said:
How much longer can MS continue with the "Xbone is outpacing 360 in its current life cycle" BS?

Until that statement would simply be a lie.

WhiteEaglePL said:
how FF 0 bomb? Says 400K on vgc or is that wrong? Or maybe MP10 is wrong and it should be higher?

Bomb unexpected regardless. :O

400k+ is worldwide not just in the US. According to VGC it sold around 200k+ in the US in its first week.

Also, 3DS is probabily undertracked.

Around the Network

“The launch of Bloodborne ranked as second overall in software sales this month, but also has the second highest sales for the debut month of a first-party game on the PS4, after inFamous: Second Son, in March 2014.”

The Last of Us Remastered- 272k

Bloodborne > 272k

From GAF.

ezmanga said:

For as long as the Xbox One keeps outpacing the 360 launches aligned.

ezmanga said:

Until it's not true.

Aura7541 said:
super6646 said:

Really? Did you just listen to my comment? No of course you didn't. I said systems! This thing could outsell the XB1 version 4:1 for all I care, but its not going to have a significant effect on sales.

It's a mainstream game that has been popular for over 2 decades. Mortal Kombat X will indeed move systems and since it will sell more on the PS4, it will move more PS4's than XBO's.

But this isn't the 90s with the Genesis! It's not going to sell 100k extra systems in NA in 1 month. Alot of people where waiting for Bloodborne, and that came pout. Why would I buy a PS4 JUST because of Mortal Kombat. I know its still popular, but you gotta keep it real! So tell me, how will it move systems? Do you know anyone waiting for THIS game just to get a PS4?

celador said:
DOwn 21% in units or revenue?

My guess is revenue. Xb one down YoY (probably) with a $150 lower price tag means the Xb one contribution to over all hardware revenue is a major drag on revenue for the month.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix