By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Your PS2/Xbox Modded?

my ps2 is modded. never bought a "real" ps2 game in my life. my games were 10 bucks . typing from my ps3 so i cnt reply

Around the Network

You modded your PS2 and still paid for bootleg games? The procedure for getting PS2 games off the net is as easy as sticking a Hot Pocket in the microwave, hitting 2:30, and watching it cook. You got ripped off buddy.

Anyhoos, I have a modded PS2. I'm pretty conservative with buying most of my U.S. games, and primarily used it to acquire Japanese torrents of games I would never understand anyways, like NamcoXCapcom. I just couldn't justify buying these games as imports as I would only mess around with them casually. I also got some rare games off torrents if the used price was rediculous and if the original was off the market, like Disgaea, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

No, I'm not a thief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

No, my PS2 is the way sony intended it.

No, I would not want to mess with my console

Around the Network

I modded my PS2. I actually got more entertainment out of installing the modchip than playing any of the games. All I ended up doing with it is playing the NES emulator anyway.

BottledSpringWater said:
No, I'm not a thief.

That's a very narrow minded statement. I have a softmodded xbox with a 250gb HDD with all of my LEGAL games on it and XBMC360 as my primary dash. XBMC hoses on the 360 and PS3 as a media player. It connects to my PC and I have yet to find a video file it can't play. It upscales all my video file and DVDs to 720p/1080i(which ever I choose). Not everybody that mods a console does so for piracy.

Mistershine said:
BottledSpringWater said:
No, I'm not a thief.

That's a very narrow minded statement. I have a softmodded xbox with a 250gb HDD with all of my LEGAL games on it and XBMC360 as my primary dash. XBMC hoses on the 360 and PS3 as a media player. It connects to my PC and I have yet to find a video file it can't play. It upscales all my video file and DVDs to 720p/1080i(which ever I choose). Not everybody that mods a console does so for piracy.

Mistershine is a smart man...

People who scream piracy when they hear the words mod chip are the same types of people that get scared when US government has an Orange alert level on CNN.

The X-Box always did have me interested in it's capabilities once modded, it seemed like the system that could do anything the modders wanted it too!

I would love the see the state of the Xbox 360 in maybe 5 years time and see what kinda homebrew and multimedia stuff people have going on that.

I had HDLoader and a HD in my PS2.

I never pirated or installed a game that I did not own. I just hated long load time.