By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan Smartphones Three Times the Size of Home Games Market (New Golden Age)

The truth is too that some people think Nintendo's smartphone games will be a big boon to their traditional console/HH business, but I think the opposite will occur in actual reality.

Nintendo will start to make so much money off mobile that they will start to after a while prioritize mobile more and more.

If games like Game of War and Candy Crush can make $1 million in revenue daily, 5-7 different Nintendo IP should be able to pull in $1-$2 million/daily for Nintendo ... that could very well become the core part of their business in short order -- sadly.

Around the Network

Mobile games are like going backwards.Many of the most popular games have just one "button" or move command - as primitive as the 2600.Most of the best genres aren't suited for this mobile market - RPGs, FPS, RTS, MOBA.Horrible to see big gaming studios going down this path of switching from real gaming machines to these phones.

It will certainly be a hard battle but Nintendo have always succeeded where others have failed in the handheld space so hopefully, they will play their cards right and defend the dedicated handheld gaming from the mobile invasion!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Soundwave said:
The truth is too that some people think Nintendo's smartphone games will be a big boon to their traditional console/HH business, but I think the opposite will occur in actual reality.

Nintendo will start to make so much money off mobile that they will start to after a while prioritize mobile more and more.

If games like Game of War and Candy Crush can make $1 million in revenue daily, 5-7 different Nintendo IP should be able to pull in $1-$2 million/daily for Nintendo ... that could very well become the core part of their business in short order -- sadly.

Lets hope Google or Apple wise up and make a dedicated smart device box that integrates with their smart device software and apps and gets Nintendo on board to make some console like games.

So i guess what you proposed for the Apple x Nintendo thread some month ago. 

I just hope that the West doesnt go mobile the way Japan has. No offense, but i dont get the mobile scene

Around the Network

Sony should really release a PS Vita phone.