By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I hate "QUICK PRESS THIS BUTTON!" games.

Heh Dragons lair was the first ever and Shenmue in 1999 made it popular even though the game didn't take off and became only a cult fave(and my fave game ever)
Shenmue 1 did it well Shenmue II on Xbox it was frustrating...still loved the game and QTE's don't bother me too much in general and I liked them in RE4 Wii .

Around the Network

uncharted screwd up with those since there so rare... u never know there coming and are never prepared... so most of the time ull basically die and do it over again when u know its coming

Yeah it really sucked in Umbrella Chronicles. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I think Its a good thing, u are still using skills, u need a good arm and good fingers as well as good reactions. I think some people complain cuz they cant do it, for example in naruto UN2 for the ps2 u had to use this system a lot as with the dbz games, it gives it more action.

Yeah these were my only real complaint about RE4 (that and the dumbass pointless Mercenaries mode). Having never experienced them before, I was still thinking that cut scenes were a signal to put down the controller and enjoy a bit of cinematic experience, and instead they throw in a quick waggle-or-die moment just to fuck with you.  They added nothing to the experience and the game would've easily been better off without them.

Around the Network
WiiRHardcore said:
I hope we see less of these timed button presses, I hated it in RE4, and they were even worse on the Wii version.

Really? I thought they were easier since the shoulder buttons were replaced shake the remote, and the game never counts that as a wrong answer so you could just shake it and watch for the A + B prompts. Fighting krauser was a hell of a lot easier since it's always just swing the remote when his knife fight crap starts.

I forgot to mention Jericho. If you fall in a trap or hole in the ground in order to pick yourself back up it's the random button machine. It's annoying, you can be there 15 minutes trying to lift yourself out of the hole.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

BrainBoxLtd said:
WiiRHardcore said:
I hope we see less of these timed button presses, I hated it in RE4, and they were even worse on the Wii version.

Really? I thought they were easier since the shoulder buttons were replaced shake the remote, and the game never counts that as a wrong answer so you could just shake it and watch for the A + B prompts. Fighting krauser was a hell of a lot easier since it's always just swing the remote when his knife fight crap starts.

I guess they were easier. I just got tired of shaking the remote as fast as I could, especialy when fighting the El Gigantes. I hate those guys.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980