By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do you have to take the FCAT this upcomming week? If so do you hate your life? If you do we have similarities. '

The FCAT stands for the Florida Comprehenshion Assesment Test, you have to waste an hour of your life per test. You have reading, Math, and well thats about it.

There are 4 sections for the math, and 3 sections for the reading. Also If I dont pass the FCAT I have to take it all over again, if I never pass it I shall never pass high school. If you think I am the only one that hates it you are incorrect, the teachers also hate that test.

So do you have an evil state test that you have to take that will either make or break your life?

mM
Around the Network

No but I have a test on Shakespeare monday...

Yes there is a problem with FCAT. Now instead of teacher teaching students things they need to know they teach them how to pass FCAT it is horrible. So they waste 3-4 month out of the year on this crap. 

Wikipedia -  

Though the system is designed to reward public schools for excellence in teaching, many educators and community members have criticized the program, claiming that the program takes funding from schools which need it most. It has also been criticized by many students and teachers because the schools put too much emphasis on the FCAT and not enough on preparing students for the real world. The parochial and private schools of excellence, recognized under federal guidelines separately from state guidelines, and proclaimed as superior by the Federal Government, in fact receive no public funds and are exempt from requiring their students to take the FCAT.

The FCAT tests have also come under fire from education groups and parents for encouraging teachers to teach students how to pass a test, rather than of teaching students the fundamental material in the core subjects such as English. Another point of criticism on the FCAT is that all students of the same grade take the same test, despite the fact that different students are enrolled in different courses. To compensate for this, in many schools, teachers are directed to cover FCAT skills, regardless of what subject they are supposed to be covering.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

The problem is you can not fire teachers unless they have molested a child. If they have too many complaints they just get moved to a different place. The system is horrible they don't get paid enough and then there's no real accountability exspecially when they get tenured.

Sorry this just really bothers me. I'll stop

Edit: My sister is a teacher and this drives her nuts.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

the FCAT sucks, but the SATS and ACTs are harder.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Leo,

I think it's sad you are worrying about being able to pass the FCAT. I do think the concept of teaching a class the test instead of the subject is stupid, but my daughter always has top 10% of the statewide scores on her FCAT. She does go to (an FCAT rated) A school, but there are a few students there that have issues with the test. Though looking at the study materials reminds me of a Basic Skills test, which is essentially what it is. Shouldn't be too rough.

How are the teachers in Miami? Do a lot of people have issues passing there?

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I have pssa Pennsylvania State Assessment Test. It sounds similar to what you were talking about. I had the writing ones last month. Now I have reading and math ones on the 30th. Science ones some time in april. They are pretty easy. Last year I got advance in all reading math and writing. We prepare alot though.

And i came thinking you spelled FACT wrong

If that makes you feel better, i have chemistry and portuguese tests tomorrow and can't bring myself to study more than the little topics i have read.

I'm just laying here feeling the pain for not having brawl

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

the real test is life and not failing at it, the rest is just fun.

ssj12 said:
the FCAT sucks, but the SATS and ACTs are harder.

In the same way that fighting a 2 year old his harder then fighting a newborn.