By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Bloodborne beat Halo: MCC opening week numbers?

Will Bloodborne beat Halo: MCC opening week numbers?

Yes 79 52.32%

No 72 47.68%

Total:151

Yeah its done well in the UK according to the latest charts.  2nd on the charts behind Battlefield Hardlines (which is multi platform anyway). Plus, the Charts are compiled from the 21st to 28th March for that week, with Bloodborne not releasing until the 24th, so it only really had a half week and it still got to number two. So I'd expect next week to be equally as strong, if not more so from Bloodborne in the UK.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network
kristianity77 said:

Yeah its done well in the UK according to the latest charts.  2nd on the charts behind Battlefield Hardlines (which is multi platform anyway). Plus, the Charts are compiled from the 21st to 28th March for that week, with Bloodborne not releasing until the 24th, so it only really had a half week and it still got to number two. So I'd expect next week to be equally as strong, if not more so from Bloodborne in the UK.

Bloodborne released on the 27th in UK, so it had only 2 days.

TheObserver said:
kristianity77 said:

So it did.  Don't know where I got the 24th from...

Well even so, if its managed number 2 on the charts in 48 hours then its probably doing better than a lot of people expected and next weeks sales for the UK will undoubtably be stronger.

Yes I think it can. with Japan and ROW combined with the US, it certainly has a chance

kristianity77 said:
TheObserver said:

Well even so, if its managed number 2 on the charts in 48 hours then its probably doing better than a lot of people expected and next weeks sales for the UK will undoubtably be stronger.

You are wrong people expected a lot more then that

Around the Network
thephenomenon said:
kristianity77 said:

More than what?  Its number 2 behind a game which is available on multiple platforms.  So the number one spot is made up of combined sales of Battlfield on the PS4 and Xbox One (PC perhaps, I'm not sure?)  That implies that the numbers are good seeing as it only accounts for 48 hours, whereas battlefield had the entire 7 days, on multiple platforms.

TheObserver said:
kristianity77 said:

What is the point of people constantly bringing up the 2 days thing when that's how games release in the UK? Its no different from any other game launch. BFH released a week earlier on a Friday also. It just had a surprisingly low drop percentage.

kowenicki said:
kristianity77 said:
TheObserver said:

They'll be less.  The vast majority of games have a 48 hour launch week in the UK, this isnt unusual.

I know this.  My point is, it was never likely to be number one ahead of a multi platform game which is also only a couple of weeks old

kristianity77 said:
thephenomenon said:

More than what?  Its number 2 behind a game which is available on multiple platforms.  So the number one spot is made up of combined sales of Battlfield on the PS4 and Xbox One (PC perhaps, I'm not sure?)  That implies that the numbers are good seeing as it only accounts for 48 hours, whereas battlefield had the entire 7 days, on multiple platforms.

I'm sure a lot of people expected more then that.

As for me i think it's doing good

thephenomenon said:
kristianity77 said:
thephenomenon said:

I'm sure a lot of people expected more then that.

As for me i think it's doing good

This is the part thats confusing me.  Expected more than what?  Its entered the charts at number 2 behind a game that is counting its sales across multiple platforms where as Bloodborne is a one platform game?  Am I missing something here?  Bloodborne could quite easily have sold nearly double what Battlefield has on the PS4 but would still be second on the charts because of whatever the Xbox One version sold.