By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Midnight at Sam's Club, 60 Wii's Brawl $43.66

It probably would have been more helpful if I had posted this yesterday when I found out about it but I wasn't near my Computer and went straight there when I did find out.

Last night Sam's Club had a midnight launch for SBB. Of course this isn't really bug news considering many other stores also did a midnight launch for the game What was special about this particular event was 2 specific things, First (and probably the most lucrative) was the $43.66 price tag for the game. Which is still in effect by the way, 

The other and slightly more interesting thing was the amount of Wii consoles they had to sell for the event. My local Sam's Cllub in BFE WEst Virginia had 57. My understanding of the situation was that this was a nationwide event with each store recieveing at least that many units to sell. Obviously the implications for next weeks sales figures are midboggling if this is true.

I sort of wish I had taken a couple pictures to prove it but I assure you there were 57 fricking Wii's stacked up in a pile nearly as tall as I am.

PS: In case you missed it in my post Sam's Club is SELLING SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL FOR 43.66 

Around the Network

43.66!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool....57? For every Sam's Club in the nation??? That's ALOT!!

57!!! For SAMS!!!

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

We don't have Sam's clubs over here :(.

I picked Brawl up at Sam's this morning.

Around the Network

I hope other people who haven't found it yet get it at Sam's hell of a deal

Don't worry. It was well known by people that paid attention that Sam's was having an early release of the game at a cheap price and that Sam's would have Wiis. Even cooler, this is the game that really kicked off Sam's early release program.

For those that are really out of it, wholesale clubs like Costco and Sam's tend to sell console games for $5 to $10 less than regular prices at places like Wal-Mart and Gamestop.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org