By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will there be a 3DS price cut? Will 2DS get phased out?

Now that the New 3DS hit shelves I think it's time for Nintendo to fix their console lineup.

Nintendo should eliminate the 2DS and bring the cost of the 3DS XL to 120 dollars. People only got the 2DS because it was a cheap way to play Pokemon. I don't think anyone liked the design. If every console in the 3DS line started with "3" it would lead to less confusion. The New 3DS should cost 170 dollars.

If I wanted to buy a New 3DS for one Pokemon game currently this is how much it would cost. $200 system + $25 in tax + $40 game + $5  in tax + $25 for the official charger + %3 in tax = about $300  (a little less by a couple dollars). That's right it would cost me $300 to play a game that is supposed to be for kids and long time fans.

I think it's overpriced for what you are getting. I can buy a used PS4/Xbox One for less (and get more games included). Perhaps the New 3DS should be 200 dollars + any game of your choice? Also I hate the fact the New 3DS doesn't come with a charger. I would have to buy one separately if I were ever to get one! Well I'm done with my rant! What do you agree or disagree with? I just think handhelds should cost around 100 dollars, 150 dollars maximum!

Nintendo games are too expensive too on the 3DS but thats a whole another dicussion ;)