By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many 8th gen 10m exclusives will there be?

Right now, there are three exclusives on 8th gen platforms that have sold 10m+, and all of them belong to the 3DS. The three being: Pokemon X/Y at 12.69m, Mario Kart 7 at 10.61m and Super Mario 3D Land at 10.08m. What other exclusives this gen do you think will reach this milestone, and for what platforms?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Halo 5
The Last of Us 2

That's all I got.

I wouldn't count handheld games, I always thought they had their own little generation outside of consoles.

Anywho, Halo 5, Gran Turismo 7 (8 if its released on PS4 as well)

A huge maybe for Uncharted 4.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Halo 5
The Last of Us 2

That's all I got.

That's depressing. Last gen had so many in comparison. 

New Super Mario Bros 2 could if they bundle it but idk over all apart from the ones thats already been listed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Skullwaker said:

That's depressing. Last gen had so many in comparison. 

Yes, but in home consoles that's mainly due to the Wii.

With the WiiU not doing nearly as well and Sony not having that many high profile titles (as in 10m high profile) its not surprising, depressing, but not suprising.

Even, so 10m exclusiver sellers on consoles are rather rare, independent of the generation, gen 7 was sort of an anomaly on this.

Uh... Wow this is harder than I thought it would be! :(

Probably Halo 5 and New Super Mario Bros 2 (already nearing the 10M mark

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

KyleeStrutt said:
Yes, but in home consoles that's mainly due to the Wii.

With the WiiU not doing nearly as well and Sony not having that many high profile titles (as in 10m high profile) its not surprising, depressing, but not suprising.

Even, so 10m exclusiver sellers on consoles are rather rare, independent of the generation, gen 7 was sort of an anomaly on this.

Yeah, it really isn't surprising. 7th gen was the most successful overall, so obviously there will be a sharp drop in the 8th gen. Although, there may be even less than the 6th gen now that I think about it.

That's true though. There are very few franchises that have been able to achieve 10m on consoles (well, exclusives anyway).

TheGoldenBoy said:
Halo 5
The Last of Us 2

That's all I got.

Nope and Nope. At least not unless you are able to count digital sales.

Honestly, at this point I can't see any platform with a 10 million exclusive other than 3DS. 

If GT7 actually pushes the GT franchise forward it could get to 10 million. It seems like every PS console gets at least one GT game over that 10 million mark. But GT6 has sold such low numbers one wonders of the GT franchise has lost momentum.

If Wii U gets to 30 million install base I can see MK8 making it to 10 million. But if the more likely 20 million is all it achieves then Wii U has no franchise that will get to 7 figures.

For Xb one, Halo has a theoretical chance, but I think it will get to 8 million, with an outside chance at 9. There's nothing else exclusive that is known of that can hit 10 million.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix