By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Nintendo Platform Teased at Conference, "NX"

DanneSandin said:
curl-6 said:

How do you propose they do this though? At this point, it'd be easier to achieve world peace, cure cancer, count to infinity, find the Loch Ness monster, and uncrack an egg.

It'd be risky, I'll grant you that. Ive already outlined my train of thought here; power house console, produce "mature" games and listen to 3rd party feedback. They could buy exclusives, similar what they did with Bayo2. Aielyn made an intersting thread that Nintendo might have entered a deal with Crytek, and if thats true Nintendo could have them produce a few titles for the NX - tp lead the way for hesitent 3rd parties. Do what Sony did. X360 were the leading platform for development last gen. This gen tho? Ps4. Ask devs what they want and deli er that. Has worked wonders with PS4. Granted, Nintendo has a far longer distance to cover to get to the point where Sony is today, and thats why they need to lead the charge themselves with mature games. With Cryteks graphics and Nintendos input on gameplay... thatd be a game of the year contender.

Oh, I thought you meant winning back third party support on Wii U.

NX is less of a long shot I grant you, but I still can't help but feel that Nintendo won't do what's necessary to win back support.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
DanneSandin said:

It'd be risky, I'll grant you that. Ive already outlined my train of thought here; power house console, produce "mature" games and listen to 3rd party feedback. They could buy exclusives, similar what they did with Bayo2. Aielyn made an intersting thread that Nintendo might have entered a deal with Crytek, and if thats true Nintendo could have them produce a few titles for the NX - tp lead the way for hesitent 3rd parties. Do what Sony did. X360 were the leading platform for development last gen. This gen tho? Ps4. Ask devs what they want and deli er that. Has worked wonders with PS4. Granted, Nintendo has a far longer distance to cover to get to the point where Sony is today, and thats why they need to lead the charge themselves with mature games. With Cryteks graphics and Nintendos input on gameplay... thatd be a game of the year contender.

NX is less of a long shot I grant you, but I still can't help but feel that Nintendo won't do what's necessary to win back support.

They probably wont no. So a unified platform with a shared library seems like a pretty safe bet, or their next home console will be their last.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

My bad. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

DanneSandin said:
curl-6 said:

They probably wont no. So a unified platform with a shared library seems like a pretty safe bet, or their next home console will be their last.

That's why Fusion seems like the likeliest outcome to me.

curl-6 said:
DanneSandin said:

Which might very well lead to diminishing returns in the dedicated gaming business for Nintendo, leading to more focus on mobile gaming if that turns out to do well. Great. Nintendo will go 3rd party after the NX if that shit doesnt take off. Or entirely go mobile. Ill be a PC o ly guy then.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
curl-6 said:

Which might very well lead to diminishing returns in the dedicated gaming business for Nintendo, leading to more focus on mobile gaming if that turns out to do well. Great. Nintendo will go 3rd party after the NX if that shit doesnt take off. Or entirely go mobile. Ill be a PC o ly guy then.

Yeah if Nintendo left the hardware business I would probably either go PC or lose interest in gaming altogether.

curl-6 said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah if Nintendo left the hardware business I would probably either go PC or lose interest in gaming altogether.

If they only went 3rd party Id stick around and check out how their games would turn out on other consoles... but man that would SUCK

curl-6 said:
DanneSandin said:

I think the likes of Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Warner Bros will show up and each have a couple of launch games available (even if they are just half-assed, rushed ports) because they don't want to lose out in case NX becomes a big success. Further support from that point will be based on how well the console and their software sell.

It's just like with 3DS & Wii U, the big western publishers were there at first, the hardware didn't sell very initially and their software wasn't moving much so they bailed out with the exception of kid/family friendly games.

Also Nintendo does have strong relations with many Japanese 3rd parties, the likes of Square-Enix, Atlus, Sega, Koei-Tecmo, Capcom, Level-5, Bandai Namco, Platinum Games, all seem to enjoy working with Nintendo so I assume NX will see strong support from these companies.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

I think the likes of Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Warner Bros will show up and each have a couple of launch games available (even if they are just half-assed, rushed ports) because they don't want to lose out in case NX becomes a big success. Further support from that point will be based on how well the console and their software sell.

It's just like with 3DS & Wii U, the big western publishers were there at first, the hardware didn't sell very initially and their software wasn't moving much so they bailed out with the exception of kid/family friendly games.

Also Nintendo does have strong relations with many Japanese 3rd parties, the likes of Square-Enix, Atlus, Sega, Koei-Tecmo, Capcom, Level-5, Bandai Namco, Platinum Games, all seem to enjoy working with Nintendo so I assume NX will see strong support from these companies.

If they offer just a few token shitty ports though, they will not sell, and support will stop, we saw this with Wii U.

Blob said:
Materia-Blade said:

Fixed for you. The rest is too much to fix.

No need to be rude when he is 100% correct. I buy my third party games elsewhere because they are better elsewhere.

There is a very limited number of gamers who only own nintendo systems. 

They aren't better per se. They ARE elsewhere. Let 3rd parties treat the nintendo fanbase with respect and see what happens.