By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wal-mart and Costco observations

I'm only reporting my local observations, so I'm curious to see if others have noticed the same things.

My local Wal-marts have moved all their Nintendo inventory to the front display cases, a position which was previously occupied by Sony. In addition, the case on the main aisle has been filled with Nintendo products. The 360 stuff sits next to the Nintendo stuff, but is still in the forward case. All the Sony products have been moved to the back cases, also the section seems to be smaller.

I've also noticed that my local Costco has begun selling PS3 bundles. I think this is a clear signal that the retail channels are stuffed since Costco is usually the last retailer to receive product. 

Around the Network

Costo as well as every other retailer has ps3 bundles/stock. Walmart -- the local walmart I go to and everyone I have seen still has the typical setup where ps3 has endcap and first section on row, followed by xbox, then everything nintendo. I was there on Monday buying pokeman pearl for my brother's dslite. If things keep selling like they are though I wouldn't be suprised to see the 'ol switcheroo.

I remember a guy from Australia took pics, and actually said the same thing over ther(not walmart)It was a videogame store!

Yep Ive noticed strange things in my local GAME shop the past week or so. The ps3 and ps2 had large amounts of shelf space right at the front of the store as you enter with the ds and wii pushed right at the back in a little corner but all thats seemed to change. the wii has a massive amount of shelf space now, right where the ps3 used to be. nice to see nintendo doing so well.

Used to hate having to stand alone in the corner looking for gamecube games on my own and getting strange looks from everybody else. maybe thats got something to do with the fact that im an ugly git tho. lol

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

My walmart is still the same. PS3 is up front and wii is in the back.