By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - worst anime you ever watched?

tastyshovelware said:
^^

haha, what an odd tangent. i found battle angel boring, really nothing more to it then that.

That's cool. Not everyone likes the same things. Personally, I came from reading a lot of Alita manga and knew the storyline a bit and enjoyed the anime.

People like their own stuff, I just despise the anime fans who think that it is so cerebral when it is nothing more than a convoluted story with simple characters.

Casablanca is complex. Schindler's List is perfectly complex. The Red-White-Blue (Americanized for you Frenchmen) is complex. Anime is not complex. It is convoluted in most cases and is terrible at actually telling the intended story. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

@ rocketpig )

calling fans of anime "rampant pathetic fanboys" just shows, that you don't have any arguments to support your own statement - it's ok, if you don't like japanese stories, but please don't try to press your own opinion onto other people by portraying it's supporters as inferior human beings

rocketpig said:
tastyshovelware said:
^^

haha, what an odd tangent. i found battle angel boring, really nothing more to it then that.

That's cool. Not everyone likes the same things. Personally, I came from reading a lot of Alita manga and knew the storyline a bit and enjoyed the anime.

People like their own stuff, I just despise the anime fans who think that it is so cerebral when it is nothing more than a convoluted story with simple characters.

Casablanca is complex. Schindler's List is perfectly complex. The Red-White-Blue (Americanized for you Frenchmen) is complex. Anime is not complex. It is convoluted in most cases and is terrible at actually telling the intended story. 

i do agree to an extent but i think you're wrong to just point out anime when really simplicity is an issue that is spread across all tv. at the end of the day, (most) anime is just japanese day time programming. it is no more or no less complex then US programming. shows like 'tenchi' and 'love hena' are more or less 'friends' or 'will and grace.' it's romantic comedy driven by a formula.

even a show like 'lost,' which is considered one of the most unique shows in recent memory, is riddled with a cheap cover-up/reveal tactic.

-add on-

props for plugging the red-white-blue flicks. 

iclim4 said:
RahXephon...

!?

Oh god... I hope you get struck by lightning. 

/fandom off 

Well enuf about that. See my list from bad to worst.

-Pokemon(but I like the game)

-Digimon

-Suzuka

-DBZ series(starting after the battle against the *forgot the name the pinkish guy* cause it's starting to be repetitive)

-.hack series(simply because I hate the animation studio who made it at such a suck ass quality)

Well animes for me which are on the border of falling into that list

-Bleach(Why oh why is it following the mistake of DBZ? The story is slower than usual )

-Evangelion(I hope this gets saved by the other remakes there going to do) 

Lafiel said:
@ rocketpig )

calling fans of anime "rampant pathetic fanboys" just shows, that you don't have any arguments to support your own statement - it's ok, if you don't like japanese stories, but please don't try to press your own opinion onto other people by portraying it's supporters as inferior human beings

Read what I said. I enjoy many anime, I just have no patience for people who try to tell me that it is something that it is not (in most cases, a great story).

Around the Network

wow, nobody mentioned Pokemon or Digimon or any of the other Pokemon ripoffs? Sure, they are cute and cuddly, but so are teddy bears and it doesn't mean I have to sit through 40 hours of sneeze-fest.

Worst I've seen so far (the whole series) is DEFINITELY Tenhjo Tenge. The main character is so unlikeable, the director decided to go back in memory lane where the main guy isn't even in it for about half of the episodes. Story makes no sense. Everybody is self-centred and cocky and easy to hate. And the worst of all? The ending is even worth than inuYasha's.

In the end, you just PRAY everybody dies so you won't get Season 2.

EDIT: lol, I love how RocketPig is allowed to troll on this, while most of us would have gotten banned at this point. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
tastyshovelware said:
rocketpig said:
tastyshovelware said:
^^

i do agree to an extent but i think you're wrong to just point out anime when really simplicity is an issue that is spread across all tv. at the end of the day, (most) anime is just japanese day time programming. it is no more or no less complex then US programming. shows like 'tenchi' and 'love hena' are more or less 'friends' or 'will and grace.' it's romantic comedy driven by a formula.

even a show like 'lost,' which is considered one of the most unique shows in recent memory, is riddled with a cheap cover-up/reveal tactic.

-add on-

props for plugging the red-white-blue flicks. 

Hahah, you're reading my mind. I love Lost, it's my favorite show on television. I was going to draw a comparison to the show and anime but didn't have the energy to do it right now. It's just like anime. It's not smart (maybe it is, a little), it's not deep, and it is complex for the sake of confusing the viewer, not to enlighten them.

That's my point. Take what anime is (an excursion from reality) and have fun with it. Don't think it's overly complex, don't think it's cerebral, just enjoy what you like. Just like Lost.

But, please, don't preach to me how smart it is. There are a few exceptions but mostly, it sucks. Enjoy it for what it gives you and don't try to tell me how smart someone is for watching it and attempting to understand it. Mostly, it's bullshit.

rocketpig said:
tastyshovelware said:
as far as worst, 'battle angel' comes to mind.

Come on. That's one of the few anime that didn't try to artifically mindfuck you into some state that makes no sense to anyone other than the director who was furiously masturbating to his own creation.

Battle Angel was good fun. Simple, but fun.

Too many of the anime fans take Japanese culture as canon. Well, let's get something straight:

The Japanese suck at storytelling. Which is why most of their shit stays in their country (rampant pathetic fanboys withstanding) and why the rest of the world basically ignores every piece of literature they have written in the past 3,000 years (a few pieces withstanding, of course).

If you want interesting stories, read a few Chinese books. 

I dont think they suck at storytelling (not only for anime, FF for example...) well, that ur opinion, anyways, my most hated animes are:

Duel Masters: Come on,all they do is try to copy YuGiOh, but its lame.

Pokemon: I want to live the day Pokemon ends, its just so stupid, its like "Lets help everyone everywhere we go, I travel across the world even though Im 10 years old(Ive been on air for like 10 years + but I dont grow up) and my Pokemon are my friends even though I make them fight each other and get burned, hit, slashed, etc... just like dog fights".

Idaten Jump: They try to make it coll by adding the mountain bike thing, but its lame.

I hate many more, but I like many too.

@ kingofwale )

yea after a quite good beginning I came to dislike Tenjo Tenge aswell, but atleast it's drawn quite well through-out the series, that's why I managed to watch the TV ,although I hate most of the cast (I like Bob)

@ rocketpig )

So you vented your frustration in a hatredfilled, insulting and in this thread totally misplaced posting ? Learn some self-control man.

Ofcourse 95-99% of the animes aren't that deep, but it's the same with books (even chinese ones) , movies, songs, ... take whatever you want.

I love how Bob goes from being a main character, to a character with 1 or 2 screen appearances per show, to now even show up at all.

I picked Tenhjo Tenge because of the fact it looks pretty and it has a pretty awesome first episode... and it went downhill from there.

Shows like Pokemon doesn't even deserve a mention here. :)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)