By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's failure rate

This was on yahoo, when are they going to fix the red rings? I don't know if Halo and gears of wars 2 VS 360's flunk rate is a very good match. Someone help plz.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/red-ring-of-failure/1192354

Around the Network

A blog masquerading as news. Buried as inaccurate.

yeah.. no.

Edge112 said:
yeah.. no.

I agree, it is coming straight from the company's blog (though the link you gave only sites the official source). But there is a link to the official source.

This is old news. Why are you questioning its accuracy madskillz? Question instead why Edge112 is just now hearing about this.

[edit:  never mind, I see he's new.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Remember when Microsoft tried to buy yahoo. and how yahoo refused and microsoft tried a hostile takeover? Well this is the yahoo payback.

There is a lot of wrong information in that article(issues with gamer tag and downloadable content are wrong).

The only suggestion I have to people buying the 360 is...don't buy used. New consoles should have a much smaller failure rate.

disolitude said:
Remember when Microsoft tried to buy yahoo. and how yahoo refused and microsoft tried a hostile takeover? Well this is the yahoo payback.

There is a lot of wrong information in that article(issues with gamer tag and downloadable content are wrong).

The only suggestion I have to people buying the 360 is...don't buy used. New consoles should have a much smaller failure rate.
A short internet search reveals firsthand accounts of people experiencing exactly the same problem described in the linked material.  Has the problem been fixed recently, disolitude? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I thing the intersting thing here is it making yahoo's front page.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1