By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yo-Kai Watch 3 and Yo-Kai Watch Busters teased in CoroCoro Comic

Yo-Kai Watch 3 and Yo-Kai Watch Busters teased in CoroCoro Comic

posted on 03.12.15 at 08:44 AM EDT by Sal Romano (@salromano)
Get the double Yo-Kai scoop in next month's CoroCoro.

The back pages of the latest issue of CoroCoro Comic reveals Yo-Kai Watch 3 and a new game called Yo-Kai Watch Busters are in development.  

Both games will be revealed in full in next month’s issue of the magazine, though there are already a few details out about Busters.

“Yo-Kai Watch Busters” was actually a game mode in Yo-Kai Watch 2. Unlike that game, Yo-Kai Watch Busters will be a standalone title and only come in a single release. Up to four players will be able to team up and take on boss yo-kai together.

The latest game in the series, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi, launched for 3DS in Japan last December.

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/yo-kai-watch-3-yo-kai-watch-busters-teased-in-corocoro-comic

Around the Network

Hmm wonder how they will split these apart, maybe Busters is a spinoff to fill the 1 year gap between 2.5 and 3 =P

Well shoot, the west hasn't even gotten one YW game and they're working on a 3rd?! They need to slow down on that...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Well shoot, the west hasn't even gotten one YW game and they're working on a 3rd?! They need to slow down on that...

Nintendo should really get onto localising this series. The more 3ds exclusive series they can get into peoples hands the better their handhelds will be.

They are going to get people tired of YW. If this games release this year, that will be 5 games in three years. It's going to be too much.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Why don't nintendo get a spin off for the Wii U? That combined with the monster hunter spin off and a Pokémon spin off would have done damage in Japan.

Kerotan said:
Why don't nintendo get a spin off for the Wii U? That combined with the monster hunter spin off and a Pokémon spin off would have done damage in Japan.

Yes, they should do that while the franchise is still popular.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Blob said:
Cloudman said:

Nintendo should really get onto localising this series. The more 3ds exclusive series they can get into peoples hands the better their handhelds will be.

Also the fact that Yokai has sold so well in Japan, I'm surprised they didn't act quicker, although while being successful doesn't mean it will follow in the west. Either way, I want to know what this Yokai Watch is all about and why it's so popular...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Didn't they announce that Yokai franchise watch will be coming to west in 2015 and to multiple platforms?

cycycychris said:
teigaga said:
Didn't they announce that Yokai franchise watch will be coming to west in 2015 and to multiple platforms?

I don't remember the multi platform part, but they did announce the localization part. I doubt it's coming to vita. And probably not wii u and ps4 due to high cost of HD development and long Dev cycles. When they can sell more and spend less money and time on 3ds. 

I think maybe they meant media platforms? I wouldn't rule it out though, Level 5 aren't afraid of console development (Ni No kuni), and unlike Nintendo and Pokemon they have no incentive to keep it handheld exclusive.

“The Yo-Kai Watch franchise has been hugely successful and we are ready to bring the brand to new markets across multiple platforms,” 

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/02/level-5-teaming-hasbro-western-yo-kai-watch-toy-line#Qv6p6yT508zXpPoO.99