By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think Animal Crossing U will be revealed?

When will Nintendo show Animal Crossing U?

In a direct before E3 16 8.94%

During E3 128 71.51%

Never 35 19.55%

Total:179
curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

Why not?

Look at their recent history; Tropical Freeze, 3D World, NSMBU; all conservative efforts instead of the ambitious projects gamers wanted.

Zelda U, Xenoblade X, Splatoon, all ambitious titles that gamers want.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I think it's going to get booted to the next console, honestly. We're moving into the second half of the Wii U's life, what's the point in a game like AC now? Nintendo's probably going to work through whatever's in the pipe, with maybe one or two other surprises, and that'll be that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mystro-Sama said:
Who says it's coming?

Agreed. It will sell poorly on wii up compared to 3rd. I can. See this being a handheld / cross platform title from here on out 

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Look at their recent history; Tropical Freeze, 3D World, NSMBU; all conservative efforts instead of the ambitious projects gamers wanted.

Zelda U and XCX are indeed ambitious, but they need more like that. As for Splatoon, we'll have to wait and see.

Mr Khan said:
I think it's going to get booted to the next console, honestly. We're moving into the second half of the Wii U's life, what's the point in a game like AC now? Nintendo's probably going to work through whatever's in the pipe, with maybe one or two other surprises, and that'll be that.

What do u think of this scenario, Animal Crossing announced at E3 2015 for Wii U with holiday 2016 release, next-gen handheld announced in first half of 2016 with a holiday 2016 launch and Animal Crossing as launch title.

Next Animal Crossing is for Wii U and next handheld.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

OmG, this year's E3 is going to be fucking exciting. I bet we'll see ACU there.

My wallet is ready.

curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

Why not?

This has been my biggest complaint against Nintendo this gen. They finally have 'HD hardware' (a silly term, but you get the point), yet outside of shinier visuals (often literally) they've done very little to justify the new hardware... In-fact some releases, such as 3D World, have actually felt like a step back from the ambition of their Wii predecessors.

That's not to say their WiiU games haven't been great, but we shouldn't have to wait 3~ years for titles like XCX and ZeldaU to start arriving. Not when the rest of the industry had spent 5/6 years building the foundation for such titles before the WiiU even released.

Anyway, rant over o/

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

Zelda U and XCX are indeed ambitious, but they need more like that. As for Splatoon, we'll have to wait and see.

Well u admit that Nintendo does make some ambitious titles so u just contradicted ur reason for ruling out a Metroid game

E3, but it'll be a spring 2016 release, if not summer.

Zekkyou said:

This has been my biggest complaint against Nintendo this gen. They finally have 'HD hardware' (a silly term, but you get the point), yet outside of shinier visuals (often literally) they've done very little to justify the new hardware... In-fact some releases, such as 3D World, have actually felt like a step back from the ambition of their Wii predecessors.

That's not to say their WiiU games haven't been great, but we shouldn't have to wait 3~ years for titles like XCX and ZeldaU to start arriving. Not when the rest of the industry had spent 5/6 years building the foundation for such titles before the WiiU even released.

Anyway, rant over o/

Ambition doesn't equal great, games like The Order were ambitious but only turned out to be ok, to complain about 3DW imo is some what skewered as it's still one of the best games this gen and the game you're saying it's a step back from is considered one of the best in history.

The industry also isn't delivering Zelda or XCX, I'm willing to bet that no game in the industry will be like these two games when they arrive in fact in regards to XCX we already know no other game is similar except for the original, ambition with Nintendo and ambition with the industry vary significantly and imo only a company like R* is on the same wavelength as far as ambition go. XCX has you exploring a giant world in a mech, if you've played RPGs like FF the gif below is reminiscent of getting the airship and exploring new places only in XCX you're in a mech and an open living world that responds to you.

Zelda we haven't seen as much of granted but I wouldn't bet against the franchise, the attention to detail and anime concept art direction that's inspired by the likes of Ghibli is something that imo is well above what we see in the industry from most.