By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think Animal Crossing U will be revealed?

When will Nintendo show Animal Crossing U?

In a direct before E3 16 8.94%

During E3 128 71.51%

Never 35 19.55%

Total:179

E3 or never.

Around the Network

I have a hard time seeing animal crossing coming to the Wii U... I don't know why but I feel like Nintendo wants to put it more on handhelds.

Zekkyou said:

The 360 had started releasing highly ambitious titles in less than 12 months. Especially Gears of War and The Elder Scrolls IV, both praised immensely for their ambition and how they pushed the TPS and open world RPG genres forward. Titles like that are why people are disappointed that they haven't made similar jumps with the PS4 and X1 yet (though such games appear to be on the way; it's just taken a year longer. Better than 3 to even hit 7th gen standards).

And yes you're right. I'm sure the Wii would crumble at the knees if it had to run 4 whole character models at once. Silly me. (To actually answer your question: both games could run fairly easily with linear asset scaling, and removing non-gameplay related effects. It's the same way we get titles like DA:I or FarCry 4 to run on the PS3/360. We could likely get some lower key games to run on the PS2 too, again with linear scaling. It's magical stuff ^^).

As I said though, this conversation is looping (we've gone full circle twice now :p). I really don't have the energy to bother with it anymore. Believe whatever tickles your fancy, I'm out. *jumps*

Again inconsistent, you tried to play down B2's ambition then bring up GOW which ambition wise it can be argued it was mainly graphically focused, you then were arguing about taking steps backwards earlier now you bring up Oblivion a game widely regarded in the series as taking a step backwards, it was smaller then Morrowind and used a much more simpler system. If anything these are the worst examples you can bring up given your earlier posts.

How much of the experience would suffer with this scaling, COD ran on the Wii yet I'm sure the experience took a hit compared to the HD versions, the PS3 and 360 versions of Watch Dogs ran like injured dogs and weren't as pleasing on the eyes which hit the experience. You've been saying you're out for a few posts now either stick to your word or stop parroting empty words.

ikki5 said:
I have a hard time seeing animal crossing coming to the Wii U... I don't know why but I feel like Nintendo wants to put it more on handhelds.

Isn't there already an Animal Crossing on the 3DS? Or do you mean they'd rather put it on their next handheld than the WiiU (which is plausible, given their next handled should arrive within the next couple of years).

Zekkyou said:
ikki5 said:

Isn't there already an Animal Crossing on the 3DS? Or do you mean they'd rather put it on their next handheld than the WiiU (which is plausible, given their next handled should arrive within the next couple of years).

Probably on their next handheld or....*gulp* make a new one for the 3DS that is New 3DS exclusive.....

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Paatar said:
Cloudman said:
Paatar said:
Cloudman said:
I actually believe there won't be an AC game on the Wii U. It seems too late to have one on this console, unless they plan to continue the Wii U for a little longer. Though if they announce it, then cool : )

You do realize that Nintendo makes sure their consoles have a 5 year MINNIMUM lifespan right? Well guess what, it isn't even on its third yet. So how can it be "too late"

Considering how long an AC game can be played, 2 to 3 years doesn`t seem a lot of time for a new game. It`d make more sense if it released earlier in the console`s life, so people can get more out of it.

Just because a console isn't being sold anymore does not mean you have to stop using it. :)

Well, that is true. Although Ninten tends to try to get their next console rolling rather than their previous console hanging around trying to stay in the spotlight.

After the minnimum of 5 years is reached then yes, they will get their next console on the market.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

ikki5 said:
Zekkyou said:
ikki5 said:

Probably on their next handheld or....*gulp* make a new one for the 3DS that is New 3DS exclusive.....

Woooah there Satan, let's not give them any ideas I do hope they don't go too over the top with exclusives for the N3DS... I don't mind ports that wouldn't be fully possible without the hardware upgrades (like Xenoblade 3D), but I'd hate to see them develop brand new exclusive titles for it. I already own 2 3DS's, I don't want to lose out on games because I'm unwilling to buy a 3rd :/

On a side note, if they go with the 'Fusion' idea everyone is speculating about, having the next Animal Crossing as a launch title for both would be a great idea.

Blob said:
zorg1000 said:
Blob said:
Can anyone explain why they would release this game on wii u for it to make far less sales than it would a 3ds game?

Why did they release Mario Kart 8 on Wii U? It would have sold much better on 3DS

It's not like animal crossing wii u would sell anywhere near mario kart 8. I could see it reaching 1 million like many of the other nintendo wii u games have like pikmin and DK. On handhelds Animal crossing is a multi million sellar franchise. I can see them saving any assets they currently have and making a cross platform animal crossing for the next handheld and wii u/whatever console is out then. Id like to be proven wrong though, id love a wii u animal crossing.

What are you talking about? Animal crossing is always a multimillion seller regardless of platform. the question is 'why wouldn't they release AC on wii u?"

Zekkyou said:
ikki5 said:
Zekkyou said:
ikki5 said:

Woooah there Satan, let's not give them any ideas I do hope they don't go too over the top with exclusives for the N3DS... I don't mind ports that wouldn't be fully possible without the hardware upgrades (like Xenoblade 3D), but I'd hate to see them develop brand new exclusive titles for it. I already own 2 3DS's, I don't want to lose out on games because I'm unwilling to buy a 3rd :/

On a side note, if they go with the 'Fusion' idea everyone is speculating about, having the next Animal Crossing as a launch title for both would be a great idea.

I am the same. ha ha. I own 3 3DS's, the two zelda ones and my Midnight purple one.