By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be this gen's biggest graphical cliche?

Tagged games:

Anything "cinematic" these days seems to be a big no-no. Even if the criticism is somewhat justified ala 'The Order'.

Around the Network

Generic muscular bald guys holding generic big guns.

Everything that was boasted about last gen into this gen with added resolutions and polygon comparisons.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Resolution over framerate.

So far I want to say lighting effects, specifically "godrays." (I think that's what they're called, seem to be in most next gen titles I've played.)

Around the Network

I think particles and wet textures. Also everything teared up, dirty, broken or aged.

Cloudman said:
How about flowing capes? Gotta show how things flow smoothly in the wind this gen... ; )

Hahahhaa I know what you mean, so lame. Jerseys in NHL 15 flow smoothly....yet you play hockey in a closed off arena with no wind. 

Marks said:
Cloudman said:
How about flowing capes? Gotta show how things flow smoothly in the wind this gen... ; )

Hahahhaa I know what you mean, so lame. Jerseys in NHL 15 flow smoothly....yet you play hockey in a closed off arena with no wind. 

Not to mention the Order, Bloodborne, and FFXV... : ) What are clothes made of to make them flow so easily with just a simple turn...?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Marks said:
Cloudman said:

Not to mention the Order, Bloodborne, and FFXV... : ) What are clothes made of to make them flow so easily with just a simple turn...?

Lol such a good question! There's no need for it, just because you can do it doesn't mean you have to (or that it adds anything!)

Particles. Maybe that blinding effect that happens when you come out of a tunnel/dark interior.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won