By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lost: The Game: The Fist Impressions

If I were you I would be the crap out of whoever told you it was good. It is a game based on a tv show, when has that ever worked out good? The only game that was based on a tv show that was halfway good was ninja turtles on the nes I believe, or maybe snes, don't quite remember. TV/Movie -> Game is not a good combo.

Around the Network
cwbys21 said:
If I were you I would be the crap out of whoever told you it was good. It is a game based on a tv show, when has that ever worked out good? The only game that was based on a tv show that was halfway good was ninja turtles on the nes I believe, or maybe snes, don't quite remember. TV/Movie -> Game is not a good combo.

Several Ninja Turtle games were good. Chronicles of Riddick was great. Spider-man games were good until 3. I think there have been some decent Star Wars games as well. Point is: it happens.

windbane said:
The game isn't too good but the story is alright. I'm a huge Lost fan so I was obligated to play it. I beat it a few days ago and will return it soon...although I got it for $30.

Anyway, you don't have to wait a few minutes for the smoke to go away. It's more like 10 seconds. I could have used a little less of it but it wasn't a big deal. I did get stuck in a cave once, although the first one is pretty straight forward...going in a circle would still get you out if stayed right, btw. The hatch area is where I had the most trouble just due to poor game design. Oh well.

Ben's voice is the actual voice, and so are several of the characters, including Juliet.

Maybe I just had bad luck with the black smoke monster because I would wait until I couldn't see it but barely hear, leave the trees, and it would suddenly come back. I did seriously have to wait a minute or so just about every time. It sucked.

And the cave did just suck. I was even talking to someone at the Brawl release last night who had the same problems and he actually couldn't get past the cave and just gave up on the game and returned it.

And as for licensed games being crappy, Ghostbusters will be the bomb diggity.

-edit-

And I thought Ben sounded really good, though some of the sound a likes are terrible (Juliet only looked terrible).  Sawyer is really bad and Charlie is just pathetic.