By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will HL:The Orange Box change how games are packaged?

I've been thinking about this since it's release.

Do you think that Half-Life The Orange Box will affect anything in the future of how games are released offline and/or with packaging?

I would personally love for some of these sequels and games coming out in the future to include extra material or a bonus disk special edition where they give you some of the previous games in the series (or all of them, c'mon we paid for it once and helped you game developers to actually HAVE jobs now, include some previous games in the series on a bonus disk or something).

Give us some of your old work and maybe a few surprizes, while we're buying your current gen games and furthering some of these sequels along.

How cool would it be to buy a special edition Resident Evil box set that had all of the games in the series for 360, Wii, and PS3?

I know that Nintendo HAD a special relationship with Capcom, but something happened with the PS2 release of RE4.

Plus, if they did something like that it would probably cost something like a $100 (if it had every RE game in a box set), and Capcom would be silly not to release something like that on all the current gen systems. RE5 is going to sell regardless, but a super packed box set like that would make me frickin drool!