By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big of a system seller are these games for Wii U?

Just curious to see how many consoles these games can move.Are they system sellers? Zelda,Animal Crossing,Xenoblade Chronicles X I know that Animal Crossing is a system seller in Japan I think it will give the Wii U a similar boost to MK8...ps we all know its coming

Around the Network

Of those 3?

-Animal Crossing will be the biggest boost, I predict half of MK8.
-Zelda could be a seller, but Japan stopped caring a while ago and with WWHD and Hyrule Warriors, Zelda fans might already have a Wii U.
-XCX, will be a modest boost but outside of Japan it won't be as huge.

Maybe this will help

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=198772

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Are you talking about WW boosts?

Zelda U will be boosted the most in US

Xenoblade X will be good overall

Dragon Quest 3.0 is Japan only but will recieve a boost

Not even sure if Animal Crossing Wii U will be released this year (or for the Wii U at all) so not sure about that...

Skullwaker also made a similar thread for Japan only:

EDIT: Ninja'd by vivster..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I dont think X will be a system seller but Animal Crossing and Zelda will be

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Globally? Probably. I think that a 3D Mario more similar to a Mario Galaxy or Mario 64 will turn up big numbers for the Wii U. Perhaps if Nintendo can find themselves a truly strong new IP and maybe the new Zelda will turn up big numbers for Nintendo as well. Honestly though, unless Nintendo can really push out a strong line-up year after year, or at least outdoes 2014 at some point, then the last year could be the high mark as far as games selling a console goes. I think Wii U will see huge jumps when Nintendo does another price cut or does a major bundle.

Not much of a boost. Nintendo's main system sellers have been and gone. These are the secondary franchises that will have a modest effect. You should listen to Iwata. They need to find one fresh new game to change Wii U's fortunes, not further sequels in existing franchises.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

at least 6 /s
I have no idea but they all move a million or so and that helps with such a niche console. I'll be buying Zelda though I already have a WiiU so take that for what you will.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I think the people who wanted the console already own it, they're not waiting on one game coming along to change their minds.

I mean, there's already so much content on the Wii U, and if people aren't interested then that's that.

binary solo said:
Not much of a boost. Nintendo's main system sellers have been and gone. These are the secondary franchises that will have a modest effect. You should listen to Iwata. They need to find one fresh new game to change Wii U's fortunes, not further sequels in existing franchises.

zelda is a primary franchise, and will sell some systems. animal crossing not a primary franchise but a big seller for the casual market. Xenoblade, unknown, we'll have to wait and see the boost in japan first. But trust me, Zelda wii u is going to sell systems.