By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Santa Monica designer threatens future ad revenue and review copies of games in retaliation of low The Order scores

radha said:
So he thinks that having no ads for his game in gaming sites is bad for the gaming site and not for his game? no wonder the game was reviewed poorly the guy is retarded.

Yeah, ask Gawkr what it's like to lose advertising revenue.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
radha said:
So he thinks that having no ads for his game in gaming sites is bad for the gaming site and not for his game? no wonder the game was reviewed poorly the guy is retarded.

and beeing retarded---

generic-user-1 said:
mornelithe said:

and beeing retarded---

Frankly, I don't see a problem with not allowing for advertising, or free anything, if you feel you're not being given a fair shake.  Now, we can all agree or disagree on the finer points of The Order, but it's his opinion regarding it.  And, if I were to assume the role of a dev who'd worked on a title, and had the perception that said title was receiving undue levels of hatred and vitriol, that's not been seen applied to many other titles, and nowhere near that level of aggression, yeah, I'd be curious why we're doing anything to assist those reviewers in the first place.  It's a perfectly legitimate question to ask, imo.

mornelithe said:
generic-user-1 said:

and beeing retarded---

Frankly, I don't see a problem with not allowing for advertising, or free anything, if you feel you're not being given a fair shake.  Now, we can all agree or disagree on the finer points of The Order, but it's his opinion regarding it.  And, if I were to assume the role of a dev who'd worked on a title, and had the perception that said title was receiving undue levels of hatred and vitriol, that's not been seen applied to many other titles, and nowhere near that level of aggression, yeah, I'd be curious why we're doing anything to assist those reviewers in the first place.  It's a perfectly legitimate question to ask, imo.

im for no gaming adds on gamemedia sites, but that that doesnt change that gawkr is a company run by retarded monkeys.

and crying over bad reviews is just stupid. make it like uwe boll, fight em like a man.

(disclaimer, the order isnt as badly written or funny as a boll movie)

generic-user-1 said:
mornelithe said:

im for no gaming adds on gamemedia sites, but that that doesnt change that gawkr is a company run by retarded monkeys.

and crying over bad reviews is just stupid. make it like uwe boll, fight em like a man.

Ok, I'm down with that, Andrea Pessino against bad reviewers.  Of course, people will need to sign waivers prior to, so Pessino isn't charged with manslaughter after he kills them.

I mean it's a bit extreme, but I suppose if he ruins their ability to think via repeated concussions, that takes bad reviewers out of the equation.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
generic-user-1 said:

Ok, I'm down with that, Andrea Pessino against bad reviewers.  Of course, people will need to sign waivers prior to, so Pessino isn't charged with manslaughter after he kills them.

I mean it's a bit extreme, but I suppose if he ruins their ability to think via repeated concussions, that takes bad reviewers out of the equation.

if he can fight...

Boll realy did fight his critics^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AebQIy5UNng

generic-user-1 said:
mornelithe said:

if he can fight...

Boll realy did fight his critics^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuLa9xTqhbE

I know, I watched the Boll videos years ago.

i would love to see some ign people getting beaten up badly in the ring!

I for one think companies should stop paying for ad on the magazines/sites that reviews games and stop giving freebies or review copies as Standard so we can have more transparency and people reviewing what they like and invested Money and don't benefit from rush reviews. Could help clean a little of the problems in the review we have now.

But clickbait article for the win.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If anyone felt at all threatened by those statements...chances are they have a very guilty conscious.

Gaming is starting to get the political/religious treatment in the media (hell even on these forums). Undo adoration or unneeded hatred.

All of that aside, it was stupid of him to make that statement. If he gets fired (and Id have a hard time not doing it if I was in a position to do so) it would be just.