By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Face off-Wonderful 101 V Bayonetta 2

Wonderful 101 v Bayonetta 2

Wonderful 101 28 27.45%

Bayonetta 2 74 72.55%

Total:102

The Wonderful 101, I also think it's the most unique game of this gen so far.

Around the Network

Getting my recruits stunned really hampered my enjoyment and blues personally mid game annoyed me.

It's been awhile since I last played w101 but iirc getting your recruits stun is quite easy. Dodge and accidentally hit a shielded enemy, block a piercing attack, attack a shielded/blocking enemy, recruits getting hit esp aoe attacks all results in stun which means no unite morph. I only played up until operation007 so I don't know if you'll unlock some items/skills that minimize the stun time late game.

Anyway Bayonetta 2 is one of the best game I played in recent years so imo Bayonetta 2 > w101

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

WorldBreakerHulk said:
Getting my recruits stunned really hampered my enjoyment and blues personally mid game annoyed me.

It's been awhile since I last played w101 but iirc getting your recruits stun is quite easy. Dodge and accidentally hit a shielded enemy, block a piercing attack, attack a shielded/blocking enemy, recruits getting hit esp aoe attacks all results in stun which means no unite morph. I only played up until operation007 so I don't know if you'll unlock some items/skills that minimize the stun time late game.

Anyway Bayonetta 2 is one of the best game I played in recent years so imo Bayonetta 2 > w101

Yeah, Wonder Blue was a little bitch most of the game.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

W101 is the more technical game which really comes into it's own when you know what you're doing and improved your own skill and has more varied in gameplay while B2 is easier to get into and does what it does best with in depth combat that's unmatched right now, pretty even overall.

While I did vote Bayonetta, I would like to say that it was NOT an easy decision. There was just an obvious amount of polish a game gets in its sequel that W101 doesn't have the benifit of having. The W101 was an absolutely amazing game with an ending so off the freaking wall bat shit nuts that it literally had me laughing a few times. Great game and would definitely buy the sequel if one ever gets made... :(. Completely underrated title, with TONS of value. Finding all the characters (including a few special guests) and getting all the special abilities will have me coming back to this game until next gen.

W101: 9/10 There were problems with the controls and camera angles which I think could be fixed easily with a sequel. That said memorable characters (both good and bad) and fun, diverse gameplay. It was a sheer joy to play the game from beginning to end. 

Bayo 2: 10/10 For a hack and slash this is the epitome of the genre.

Around the Network

Love them both, but I couldn't finish Bayo 2 just yet(need to have that urge back), and W101 got me replaying for a while. I'll go with W101. here.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

W101 is one of my favorite Wii U games, and so is Bayonetta 2. Bayonetta 2 is more polished, so I would have to go with the sultry witch.

With that said that, I would like a Wonderful 101 sequel. The cast is so wacky and the gameplay intriguing, with an extra shine of polish (fixing the camera and touch screen control), the series could reach its potential.