By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 Have the Highest Attach Ratio of Any 8th Gen Game?

Tagged games:

Will MK8 Have the Highest Attach Ratio?

Pshyeah! 37 84.09%

Girl bye. 3 6.82%

See results. 4 9.09%

Total:44

So, in one of Nintendo's recent financial reports, they revealed that Mario Kart 8 had shipped (+digital) 4.77m units in 2014. Relative to the 9.2m Wii U's that have currently been sold, that's an attach ratio of 51.8%. It's a well known fact that Mario Kart is a series that has crazy legs, so this game will continue to sell as the generation goes on. The question is: will MK8 have the highest attach ratio of any game this gen? Discuss.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Yeah, but that's normal because ovf Wii U's low userbase. Still impressive though.

Correct something!It's 9.2m* wii u not 9.1*!
Also New super mario bros u (5m+) currently has bigger attach rate but mario kart 8 should pass it soon!

Yeah, especially since Mario Kart 8 moved a lot of Wii U units.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

tak13 said:

Also New super mario bros u (5m+) currently has bigger attach rate but mario kart 8 should pass it soon!

Where's the 9.2m figure coming from? VGChartz currently has it at 9,100,605 as of January 31st, 2015.

Around the Network

Probably. The only other game I could see challenging it is Halo 5, but even that I doubt.

Probably because the PS4, 3DS and X1 are gonna sell too much and the Vita doesn't have that big title that everyone is going out to buy.

Skullwaker said:
tak13 said:

Where's the 9.2m figure coming from? VGChartz currently has it at 9,100,605 as of January 31st, 2015.

You are using shipments for MK8 so you should use it for Wii U, not sold through.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Skullwaker said:
tak13 said:

I thought that you would be using the shipments(as of 27th Decembe),as you do with the game...

tak13 said:
I thought that you would be using the shipments(as of 27th Decembe),as you do with the game...

Of course! My bad. Sorry about that, lol.