By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After 1 Year and 80 Hours, I Finally Finished Bravely Default

And what a rush.  This game is fantastic!  There is so much content, and it has such a unique battle system.  It is rivalved by Mario Kart 8 as my 2014 game of the year!  I can't believe it took me so long to finish it!  Fire Emblem: Awakening, you're next!

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network

I just got the game this week cause it was on sale, unfortinately I won't get touching it for a while cause I wanna focus soley on Monster Hunter.

I guess if you like doing the same thing over and over again it has a lot of content... Personally, I think I dislike it more than any other game I have ever played, but to each their own...

I played through the game and, yeah I had a blast playing it. It's nice to see Square Enix decide that sometimes, it's alright to make their gameplay simple since they have been over complicating the battle systems in the later Final Fantasy games. My only real problem is the later part where it gets, literally, repetitive.

I also like it a lot, but it did felt a little repetitive by the end.

Fire Emblem: awakening on the other hand could be my favorite 3DS game. It is really amazing.

I bought SMT IV, still have to play it, but looks quite decent.

Around the Network

im thinking if it took you one year to play 80 hours worth, it wasn't that appealing of a game.
you averaged 13 minutes 15 seconds per day.

I'm on my way to do that too. It's such an excellent game with a cool battle system, cool character designs, and nice look. The 2nd half does seem weak though, but this is a great RPG and gets the feel of the old school JRPGs that have sorta gone away.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The last few chapters were tedious and there were some plotholes in the story here and there, but I also really enjoyed the game. I haven't felt like replaying it, due to the problems with the True Ending sequence, but I liked the characters, art direction, and battle system enough to want the next game. I still need to beat the traveler and fox side boss before that comes out though.

I liked Fire Emblem: Awakening a lot more than Bravely Default, though I'd say that about most games I played that year. :P Hope you enjoy it!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Awful characters (stick figures have more emotion/character to them), painfully boring story, forgettable soundtrack, super repetitive, hate the bravely/default battle system (YAY I CAN ATTACK MULTIPLE TIMES ..... THEN I HAVE TO DEFEND MULTIPLE TURNS ... SUCH INNOVATION!) Congratulations on having the patience to endure that awful game. Enjoy Fire Emblem Awakening, a much MUCH better game.

Yes, that repetitiveness was annoying. I really don't know what Square Enix (or Silicon Studio) was thinking with that. Perhaps that's why it took me a ******* year to finish it.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity