By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nostalgia Lane: The PS3 Song vs The X360 Song!

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

the first 12 months of the ps3 launching was a massive failure. so i'd have agreed with you then. but we all knew it would come back and do good in the end. 

It never came good. Have you seen the losses PS3 took in every single year of its existence? Companies care about profits.

does my and millions of other gamers enjoyment of the ps3 depend on the profits it's making? Answer is no. 

It had a great comeback andbecome profitable for it's last few years. It will probably never make it all back but it set Sony up nicely to return to domination with the PS4. Heck look at Japan and WW sales. It's still selling good numbers. Higher than some rival consoles too and we're in 2015. That's one hell of a comeback. 

Around the Network

i HATE trolling... but that was pretty good XD

Kerotan said:

does my and millions of other gamers enjoyment of the ps3 depend on the profits it's making? Answer is no. 

It had a great comeback andbecome profitable for it's last few years. It will probably never make it all back but it set Sony up nicely to return to domination with the PS4. Heck look at Japan and WW sales. It's still selling good numbers. Higher than some rival consoles too and we're in 2015. That's one hell of a comeback. 

Gotta agree with this, i dont know how companies making big profits or not affects our enjoyment with the console and its games, the PS3 provided a LOT of japanese and western exclusives and to this day its still getting exclusives (granted just japanese ones).

if we are gonna talk about sales and profits then yeah it wasnt a hughe succes, it only started to provide profits at the end of the gen but at least its still selling pretty good (for a 9 year old console) its outselling the 360 and Wii in a weekly basis and heck it even outsold the Wii U this and last week, something that i never would have thought possible.

estebxx said:
Kerotan said:

Gotta agree with this, i dont know how companies making big profits or not affects our enjoyment with the console and its games, the PS3 provided a LOT of japanese and western exclusives and to this day its still getting exclusives (granted just japanese ones).

if we are gonna talk about sales and profits then yeah it wasnt a hughe succes, it only started to provide profits at the end of the gen but at least its still selling pretty good (for a 9 year old console) its outselling the 360 and Wii in a weekly basis and heck it even outsold the Wii U this and last week, something that i never would have thought possible.

it's total sales last year was higher than the wii u and that was after the ps4 came out. it used to get it's ass kicked by the wii but it came back and outsold the wii for it's last few years and is now beating it's predecessor. it also outsold the 360 and if Jan NPD is anything to go by it's easily doing so WW still. 

Kerotan said:
kinisking said:
back when people thought ps3 was a failure :p

the first 12 months of the ps3 launching was a massive failure. so i'd have agreed with you then. but we all knew it would come back and do good in the end. 

Its failure was greatly exaggerated in the early years, especially when compared to 360. Not only did it sell better, it didn't have high failure rates and expensive proprietary necessities. Plus its first year helped cement Blu-Ray as the standard format, something gamers of the 8th gen take for granted and should be grateful for.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

It never came good. Have you seen the losses PS3 took in every single year of its existence? Companies care about profits.

You do realize that PS3 ate up all of the profits the PS1 and PS2 made right? Sony has lost money from the PS brand despite selling almost 400 million consoles (psp included). How is that one hell of a comeback?

If your enjoyment does not rely on the profits of the PS3 then why does it rely on how much it sold? Strange way of thinking.

It should be about the games.

Samus Aran said:
You do realize that PS3 ate up all of the profits the PS1 and PS2 made right? Sony has lost money from the PS brand despite selling almost 400 million consoles (psp included). How is that one hell of a comeback?

If your enjoyment does not rely on the profits of the PS3 then why does it rely on how much it sold? Strange way of thinking.

Saved me from having to ask this.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

kinisking said:
back when people thought ps3 was a failure :p

The original launch model was the best choice you could have made from the 3. As sony dropped the ps2 backwards compability this model is very valuable on ebay now. Original wii is not worth very much and the first xbox 360 is probably broken by now.

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Because more consoles sold means more people playing and more games coming out, sony didnt made profit because their product was bad but because they spend money into online infastructure and other things for playstation who are one of the reason why they are now sucessfull. Nintendo can make profit how much they want they will never be the market leader which brings them always at more risk than sony.

Looking back...I think im willing to say that last generation was the greatest EVER for gaming...I find it hard to believe it will ever be beaten.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"