By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Chart, 17th January 2015

DialgaMarine said:
Wow, even with the price of the XBone still at $350, the PS4 is winning the US again.

was only for a day with this weeks data and some retailers actually kept the 349 price, amazon was one of them beleive they even had xb1 for 329 after the price went up during the early weeks of Jan.

Play Me

Around the Network

mmmm PS4 lower than PS3 was jan 19th 2008...Can't say I buy that. NPD will certainly be interesting.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

binary solo said:
Insidb said:

MS made an announcement for their 2014 sales; the article was posted last week or the week before. If you give a minute, I can find it for you.

The only source for 7.68M I can find is VGC's 2014 summary.  http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252934/xbox-one-2014-sales-overview-768m-units-sold-3964m-games-sold/

Every non-VGC article I've located all reference VGC as the source. So I'm not sure how you can use VGC data to claim VGC is over tracking. So basically we're back to an estimate of 11.9M shipped LTD from the horse's mouth (MS), or at least dediuced since the horse mouth only stated combined 360+one shipments. And VGC's 10.99M sell through being a fairly reasonable estimate based on that sort of shipment level.

There you have it; add that number to VGC's 2013 sales (3.08M) and you get 10.76M for X1 sales through Y2014, which is 440K short of where it is on the main page today (11.2M). VGC has it at 230K for the first 2 weeks of 2015, which us 210K short of where it should be (based on the annual numbers).  

vivster said:
Still not low enough. I think they can get lower next week.

Wasn't there someone saying PS4 won't get below 180k this year?

that would be LordLichtenstein

Insidb said:
binary solo said:

The only source for 7.68M I can find is VGC's 2014 summary.  http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252934/xbox-one-2014-sales-overview-768m-units-sold-3964m-games-sold/

Every non-VGC article I've located all reference VGC as the source. So I'm not sure how you can use VGC data to claim VGC is over tracking. So basically we're back to an estimate of 11.9M shipped LTD from the horse's mouth (MS), or at least dediuced since the horse mouth only stated combined 360+one shipments. And VGC's 10.99M sell through being a fairly reasonable estimate based on that sort of shipment level.

There you have it; add that number to VGC's 2013 sales (3.08M) and you get 10.76M for X1 sales through Y2014, which is 440K short of where it is on the main page today (11.2M). VGC has it at 230K for the first 2 weeks of 2015, which us 210K short of where it should be (based on the annual numbers).  

Insiders say Xbone sales for 2013 wasn't even close to 3m. More like 2.3m. That 3m figure came from some very "generous" and unrealistic rounding.

Xbone sell-through #s closer to 9m.

Around the Network

I reckon the trend is now set and this is how the generation will pan out on forums like this:

XB1 fans: Will spend their time watching the gap stretch and shrink in the US.
PS4 fans: Will watch the WW gap stretch by 5m - 7m every year.
The media will concentrate on the US and report victories based on the US without being specific

We've been here before.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
I reckon the trend is now set and this is how the generation will pan out on forums like this:

XB1 fans: Will spend their time watching the gap stretch and shrink in the US.
PS4 fans: Will watch the WW gap stretch by 5m - 7m every year.
The media will concentrate on the US and report victories based on the US without being specific

We've been here before.

But the gap is growing in the US...

Insidb said:

But the gap is growing in the US...

And it's likely the shrink again during the holiday season.

The PS5 Exists. 

Interesting to see that Xbox one is doing quite good in Europe, second best selling platform. Let's see how it will perform here throughout the year.

walsufnir said:
Interesting to see that Xbox one is doing quite good in Europe, second best selling platform. Let's see how it will perform here throughout the year.

Significantly overtracked.