By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Magic is Terrorism.

Bloody hell, this is something I would expect Onion to come up with, not a real news.

Around the Network

What the actual fuck... sometimes being an American is just plain embarrassing.

Like that?

Well this made me Lol:

“I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend’s existence,” the boy’s father later wrote in an email. “If he did, I’m sure he’d bring him right back.”

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

generic-user-1 said:
hm hasnt jesus done some kind of magic, like healing people and walking over water and stuff? so is the bible now banned at schools too?

I often think this.

What if this boy is actually jesus?

coming back and showing off his magical powers.

But of course, hes not the messiah. Hes a very naughty boy.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

Well, in the school's defence, lots of 9-year old kids still believe in Santa with his flying reindeer, the Tooth Fairy and that the Easter Bunny lays eggs. So while threatening with a magic ring is laughable to us, to the child who was on the receiving end of the threat he/she might actually believe that magic rings are a thing. Hence that child might believe the threat is real and might have been very scared and traumatised by the ordeal.

Whether suspension was an appropriate response or not is a different matter, and one which needs to full context of the ringbearer's schooling history. But bringing the T word into it was completely out of order.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Well, in the school's defence, lots of 9-year old kids still believe in Santa with his flying reindeer, the Tooth Fairy and that the Easter Bunny lays eggs. So while threatening with a magic ring is laughable to us, to the child who was on the receiving end of the threat he/she might actually believe that magic rings are a thing. Hence that child might believe the threat is real and might have been very scared and traumatised by the ordeal.

Whether suspension was an appropriate response or not is a different matter, and one which needs to full context of the ringbearer's schooling history. But bringing the T word into it was completely out of order.

Apparently it was the kid's friend. I just don't see any 9-year old kids getting scared that they're going to disappear and never return because of a ring. I just don't see that happening. And if it did then someone needs to set that 9-year old kid straight. Rings don't kill you. People with rings might. Wait...

Lafiel said:
mZuzek said:
Shit just got real. I hope they throw that ring in Mordor as soon as possible.

hmm.. now we have to find Mount Doom or the world is fucked

The location of Mount Doom is rather well known, to be honest. Google maps is quite helpful with that:

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Ngauruhoe,+Tongariro-Nationalpark,+Manawatu-Wanganui+4691,+Neuseeland/@-39.1568301,175.6321486,10z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6d6baa27ec720edb:0xd9b9daf35e3dc59

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

the_real_dsister44 said:
Like that?

Play it on the school official and then cast this in response to the ETB effect to make the world a better place:

Faxanadu said:
Lafiel said:
mZuzek said:
Shit just got real. I hope they throw that ring in Mordor as soon as possible.

hmm.. now we have to find Mount Doom or the world is fucked

The location of Mount Doom is rather well known, to be honest. Google maps is quite helpful with that:

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Ngauruhoe,+Tongariro-Nationalpark,+Manawatu-Wanganui+4691,+Neuseeland/@-39.1568301,175.6321486,10z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6d6baa27ec720edb:0xd9b9daf35e3dc59

This seems to be more cold...y... and less lava...y. It just doesn't seem very Doom...y.