By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

bananaking21 said:
the order holding up nicely, #14 right now. i really hope this translates into good sales in general. hoping for 400K this NPD.

That would likely mean 1 million first including digital.  That would be awesome.  $60 million in revenue would likely mean the game turns a nice profit meaning the sequel would be likely because much of the costly groundwork would already be done 

Around the Network

How on earth did Wolfenstein pass MM 3D lol?

Anyway MM 3D deserves good sales. It took me 37 hours to beat this game. Talk about getting your money's worth.

Samus Aran said:

Anyway MM 3D deserves good sales. It took me 37 hours to beat this game. Talk about getting your money's worth.

its being bundled with the XB1

Kerotan said:
bananaking21 said:
the order holding up nicely, #14 right now. i really hope this translates into good sales in general. hoping for 400K this NPD.

That would likely mean 1 million first including digital.  That would be awesome.  $60 million in revenue would likely mean the game turns a nice profit meaning the sequel would be likely because much of the costly groundwork would already be done 

1 million in sales is more like $30 million in revenue.

Samus Aran said:

If time it took to beat it is the only definition for money's worth then battlefield 4 is the greatest game ever.  Or gta 5. 

In Europe the game is sold for 75 euro in Gamestop stores.  That is like 100 dollars. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

If time it took to beat it is the only definition for money's worth then battlefield 4 is the greatest game ever.  Or gta 5. 

In Europe the game is sold for 75 euro in Gamestop stores.  That is like 100 dollars. 

Yeah except I enjoyed every single minute of it and only encountered one single glitch. ;)

And The Order is €59 here. Taxes are higher here, so that money doesn't go into the pocket of RAD. ;)

Never even encountered a gamestop in Europe. No surprise if they price games like that lol.

Ryng_Tolu said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Zelda out of TOP 5.

My 225k for XBO in February NPD will be close for sure at this point.
Maybe 225k is even low... 250- 270 k possible imo.
Still below PS4, but it will very close.

Maybe if this value deal was more than just Amazon. Unless other retailers do bundles that are equally tempting then Amazon's deal may only have a minor effect on over all sales.

I was also wrong about the comparison to PS4. I'd forgotten the TLOU+The Order bundle was $429, so the Order is not being given away for free. PS4 remains in the top 10/11 so it seems the Xb one value bundle isn't affecting PS4 sales all that much. I'm quite impressed to see The Order still in the top 20, but it is definitely the TLOU+ The Order bundle that is helping to keep it there.

Proportionally speaking it looks like the Value bundle is getting close to being 100% of the ACU bundle sales with Wolfenstein being just 1 rank behind the ACU bundle.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah except I enjoyed every single minute of it and only encountered one single glitch. ;)

And The Order is €59 here. Taxes are higher here, so that money doesn't go into the pocket of RAD. ;)

Never even encountered a gamestop in Europe. No surprise if they price games like that lol.

I've enjoyed every single minute of gta and many other games That took a lot longer.  My point is using 37 hours as the reason is not the best.  Like I've played over 200 hours of the last of us and enjoyed every minute of it But time is not the reason it was the greatest game ever made.  

Kerotan said:
Samus Aran said:

I've enjoyed every single minute of gta and many other games That took a lot longer.  My point is using 37 hours as the reason is not the best.  Like I've played over 200 hours of the last of us and enjoyed every minute of it But time is not the reason it was the greatest game ever made.  

Eh you're just conjecturing things I never said. All I said is that you get a lot out of your money with MM 3D.

Mine was from a single playthrough btw, not 20 lol. 

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

1 million in sales is more like $30 million in revenue.

It's $60 million in total revenue, with the only significant cut from that being the retailer margin. It would be interesting to see how the risk was shared between Sony and RaD. As a second party there would still be a publishig contract and it could be that Sony takes the majority of the revenue (after retailer margin and distribution costs) until Sony breaks even in its investment, and only then does RaD start to receive a majority of the revenue and Sony just receives the normal platform owner royalties.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix