By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Quest, Dragon Fantasy (I dunno) examining the sales of the biggest JRPG series in Japan

Awesome graphs, thanks :D

Around the Network

Its interesting that DQX has sold nearly as much as FFXI & XIV combined, even when released after both, the brand is really powerful, from what I know there's around 300k active players in that game,nearly as much copies of FFXIV.

btw, what do you guys think FFXV will sell?

BraLoD said:

Anything under 5M and I'll be dissapointed!
Well, if the PS4 install base doesn't start to grow up considerably it'll be very hard to it to do well.

But what about the sales of the mighty Xbox One!?

KyleeStrutt said:

• An urban legend (sort of) claims that nation wide productivity plummets the day of DQIII's release, with hundreds of thousands of people calling sick, leaving offices without employess and classrooms without students or teachers; supposedly this made the goverment of Japan quietly forbeid Enix of releasing Dragon Quest games on weekdays, crazy.

Reminds me of GTO.

Great data, i always remembered YS and Tales of as bigger series than DQ in Japan, never knew it was only in terms of number of games in the franchise and not sales.

With that said it's kind of sad that DQ9 is has the best sales, with it's chibi design and lack of difficulty attracting casuals. I do hope SE keeps making tons of moneyz out of the franchise though.

Just want to correct the thread title. Pokemon is the bigget JRPG in Japan.