By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Universe at War: Earth Assault (Xbox 360 Three factions trailers)

The game comes out on March 25th. It'll be interesting to see how cross platform play turns out. In my opinion Microsoft should either allow a keyboard and mouse or introduce a specially designed controller for future strategy games.

These trailers are of each of the factions fighting in the game.

Novus Trailer

Masari Trailer

Hierarchy Trailer

Around the Network

I"m having trouble distinguishing this game from Supreme Commander.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

The game looks interesting but cross platform play with PC gamers using the keyboard and mouse for an RTS game is going to be priceless. The advantage is going to be massive.

Griffin said:
The game looks interesting but cross platform play with PC gamers using the keyboard and mouse for an RTS game is going to be priceless. The advantage is going to be massive.

I expected the exact same thing but Gamespot posted an updated preview of the game this week and it's cross platform comments are interesting:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/strategy/universeatwarearthassault/news.html?sid=6187174&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;1

"Multiplayer is a big part of any real-time strategy game, and Petroglyph has managed to get the 360 game working online with the PC original. Interestingly, you won't be able to tell whether the player you're facing off against is playing on the 360 or PC. Company reps say that players using the Xbox 360 controls in their internal testing are capably holding their own against players on the PC, and, in fact, the 360 game will even contain achievements related to beating PC users in multiplayer. The RTS genre has traditionally been a hard one to fit onto consoles, but it looks like Petroglyph is taking the necessary steps to smooth the transition on this one."

Of course the company reps say you can beat PC gamers. What else are they gonna say? "Oh yeah, the 360 users are just F*CKED. In fact, we added cross platform play as an office joke. We can't wait to watch the massacres that will ensue."

Around the Network

^^^^^well, you're a joy to be around.

anyway, The only strategy game I'm looking foreward too is CIV.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive