By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident to return to its old roots?

I don't think so, those classic survival horror games have no place in the modern world, they are too outdated. The next RE game will probably be more like the evil within... and that's a great thing!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Wright said:
Ruler said:

resident evil was always more action orianteted thats why you play as a swat member in every game and found various of weapons. Its not like silent hill where youre normal person with household weapons 

I know. People could make a case with the first and second game, as they emphatised lack of ammunition at times and having to flee from certain combats. But by the time the third game arrived, everything was more-action oriented than ever.

You know... I never understood that lack of ammunition on the old RE games. Maybe i'm too good at these games but i'm pretty sure that if you use your ammo with care there is not a single enemy you can't kill. I think I only fleed from battle in one room in RE 1 actually! (The one where infinite zombies spawn)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

You know... I never understood that lack of ammunition on the old RE games. Maybe i'm too good at these games but i'm pretty sure that if you use your ammo with care there is not a single enemy you can't kill. I think I only fleed from battle in one room in RE 1 actually! (The one where infinite zombies spawn)

The ammo is strategically placed. The first time you play, however, you have no way to know how to really optimize ammunition against zombies, so that led to frustrating fleeing and more xD

Wright said:
Anfebious said:

The ammo is strategically placed. The first time you play, however, you have no way to know how to really optimize ammunition against zombies, so that led to frustrating fleeing and more xD

Oh that's right, it's probably because I played the game more than 8 times already... I don't remember the first playthrough that much now...

I agree with you on your other comment about RE 3. That's where the series definitely changed to a more action oriented survival horror game. I mean you could create ammo on that game!

I hope its like Resident Evil 5.