By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Apple has ALREADY released their gaming device.

The iPhone does have a 400 mHz processor. Stronger than the PSP. That means we could easily see PS2 graphics.

I wonder how they'd make GoW on the iPhone... lol.

Around the Network
Sam Yikin said:
sc94597 said:
Omg the iphone has 256mbs of ram. Holy shit more than the wii.

Are you sure? That seems VERY unlikely to me.

Anyway, though, the iPhone is shaping up to be MUCH more powerful than I thought it was. Interesting.

I can't find anything official still looking ,but it does seem likely because it has to run an internet browser and an operating system similar to a pc. http://forums.intomobile.com/apple/791-how-much-ram-iphone-planned-have.html 

The last person seems to know what they are talking about though.  

Final-Fan said:
Holy crap this thread is growing fast.

Well, it's an interesting topic (I hope)...

leo-j said:
sc94597 said:

Dam! Then its possible for some GC graphics? !!!

I doubt it, unless the iPhone has a GPU.  You're likely to see more along the lines of PSP graphics.

DMeisterJ said:
The iPhone does have a 400 mHz processor. Stronger than the PSP. That means we could easily see PS2 graphics.

Are you sure http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iphone look at cpu in the box.

Around the Network
Entroper said:
leo-j said:
sc94597 said:

I doubt it, unless the iPhone has a GPU. You're likely to see more along the lines of PSP graphics.

IT has a coprocessor to produce graphics. I think that might be considered a gpu just without vram and shaders. 

leo-j said:
sc94597 said:

Probably not. For one, the iPhone runs a tailored version of OSX that eats up a lot of processing power. For another, mobile/laptop parts tend to be stripped of many of the features of fully-functional CPUs, GPUs, RAM, and so on. And finally, the iPhone isn't optimized for gaming as most game-centric devices are, as far as the OS and hardware configurations go.

It's likely that the iPhone could do decent 3D, but Gamecube-level is a HUGE stretch.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

DMeisterJ said:

Wow. I never expected anything close to PS2 graphics on the iPhone.

PowerVR MBX 3D graphics co-processor. This is the name of the co-processor.

DMeisterJ said:

Not without a GPU we couldn't.