By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rank your 8th gen consoles(handhelds included)

3DS: 8. (great first couple of years with it, but i barely play it now)
XB1: 7 (still a baby, so this score is going to rise further down the road, download times will improve thankfully)
Vita: 6. (played it for 8 months, play it even less than the 3DS now)

Around the Network
jetforcejiminy said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
WiiU 8
3ds 8.5
Vita 6

we have the same consoles jizz. you're a bit more harsh on the vita tho. what do you play on it?

Nothing too much which is the issue cause the games that it has can be mostly found else where (like my ps3) and everytime I want to download another game, its just frustrates me. Like today, my wonderful friend (cause I am using his account) bought Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus and I was like "oh boy, I can't wait to play it!" but then I had to delete Freedom Wars and Don't Starve in order to do it and of course, the memory cards still cost a lot so its like urghh. And its like, when I go on PSN, I seem to keep getting this error for some reason

Not to say its a horrible system cause its not and it does have some few good games but I have spent loads more time on my wiiU and 3ds and frustrations like this aren't really present on those systems cause they offer cheaper storage expansion options and games that are exclusive to those systems.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ronster316 said:
XB1: 7 (still a baby, so this score is going to rise further down the road, download times will improve thankfully)

What about this year with MM 3D, Youkai Watch, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, etc.? 

jetforcejiminy said:
WiiU 8
3ds 8.5
Vita 6

we have the same consoles jizz. you're a bit more harsh on the vita tho. what do you play on it?

Nothing too much which is the issue cause the games that it has can be mostly found else where (like my ps3) and everytime I want to download another game, its just frustrates me. Like today, my wonderful friend (cause I am using his account) bought Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus and I was like "oh boy, I can't wait to play it!" but then I had to delete Freedom Wars and Don't Starve in order to do it and of course, the memory cards still cost a lot so its like urghh.

Not to say its a horrible system and it does have some few good games but I have spent loads more time on my wiiU and 3ds

single worst thing about it. i just took the plunge early on and bought one of the 64gb ones for not too much on ebay but i have like 9gb left on that anyway, which is like two more retail games (maybe)... but at least i get to play almost all the ps4 indies on vita w/o having to get a ps4.

Wii U: 8 (If Nintendo sticks to their release schedule this will be a 9 by the end of the year, point off for lack of third party though I have the PC and PS4 for that)

PS4: 6.5 (Points off mainly for a lack of exclusive games I'm interested in, though I fully expect this to climb upwards near 9 fairly soon)

3DS: 9 (Backwards compatibility a plus and based on reviews I suspect I'll be near 9.5 for the new 3ds xl)

Around the Network

Wii U: 7.5
Xbox One: 6.0

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

jetforcejiminy said:

Nothing too much which is the issue cause the games that it has can be mostly found else where (like my ps3) and everytime I want to download another game, its just frustrates me. Like today, my wonderful friend (cause I am using his account) bought Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus and I was like "oh boy, I can't wait to play it!" but then I had to delete Freedom Wars and Don't Starve in order to do it and of course, the memory cards still cost a lot so its like urghh.

Not to say its a horrible system and it does have some few good games but I have spent loads more time on my wiiU and 3ds

single worst thing about it. i just took the plunge early on and bought one of the 64gb ones for not too much on ebay but i have like 9gb left on that anyway, which is like two more retail games (maybe)... but at least i get to play almost all the ps4 indies on vita w/o having to get a ps4.

Yea, I would have given it a higher score if I didn't have to delete a game everytime I want to play a different one. Like my 3ds has plenty of games and it has plenty of space for more cause it has a 32gb microsd card which costs almost half the price as an 8gb memory card for the vita. There is no way am I going to support that business practice buy upgrading to one whoes cost/space is no where close.

And the thing is, I am not a fan of "indie games" and even if I was, since I play games on PC and a ton of indie games are avaliable on PC which are freakishly cheap during the Steam Sale, I would just rather get it there. So its just urghh, but hey, at least its not a 3.0 loll

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Samus Aran said:
Ronster316 said:

What about this year with MM 3D, Youkai Watch, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, etc.? 

I ploughed a lot of time in to games like Mario Kart 7, NSMB2, Resident Evil Revelations/The Mercenaries 3D & Shinobi for the first 2 years, and replayed the excellent DS Castlevania games...... however, i don't like RPG's, so unfortunately, the games you mentioned are not my cup of tea.

I will return to it at some point this year for a bit though to play Smash Brothers and Mario Golf.

3DS- 10
Wii U- 7

PS 4- 7,9
XboxOne-7,2
WiiU-7
3DS- 8,8
Vita-5,5